Still can't load program after doing a manual uninstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still can't load program after doing a manual uninstall

I did all the steps prescribed in the sticky. I was finally able to delete the "pnp BIOS extension". I had to disable my external HD. Now after rebooting, when I try to load program it skips the screen to show driver names. I can only pick finish, and then I get the BSOD. The last install I tried to change the driver name and that gave me the BSOD.
    How do I get it to let me use the default driver names?

You need to remove the .sys files from <windowsdir>\System32\drivers
    I hope you remember the names if you renamed d347bus.sys to something else when you installed it. Like I called mine "busfan" so now its called "busfan.sys"

I guess you try to get Deamon-Tools working again right?

Comment

I just wanted to say to NOT touch non DAEMON Tools files when you are deleting things :wink:
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

After deleting the system drivers I was able to go through the install almost all the way. I used the default drivers. and it looked like it will install, then the BSOD came up.
        One thing different was the "found new hardware" wizard came up, after rebooting for pnp BIOS ext. but windows wasn't able to load it. I deleted the starforce drivers, uninstalled DT again and the same result.
        I don't know if I have any games loaded that need starforce. Someone, in another post, said to remove those

Comment

Originally Posted by csbarn
          I deleted the starforce drivers, uninstalled DT again and the same result.
          I don't know if I have any games loaded that need starforce. Someone, in another post, said to remove those
          I hope you didn't just delete the files. use this official removal tool for starforce.
          http://onlinesecurity-on.com/downloads/sfdrvrem.zip
          your games will probably install starforce files again when they are run (scct does this), so try not to play any games until the installation of dt (its gonna be hard)

Comment

Finaly

Originally Posted by al1uk
            I hope you didn't just delete the files. use this official removal tool for starforce.
            http://onlinesecurity-on.com/downloads/sfdrvrem.zip
            your games will probably install starforce files again when they are run (scct does this), so try not to play any games until the installation of dt (its gonna be hard)
            I restored the files for starforce, because of course I didn't permanently delete them, and ran the starforce remover tool. Now was able to resume install and it works perfect. Thank you everyone for your help.

Comment

Good to see you back up and running..
              XpatTech Computer Services

Comment

Originally Posted by csbarn
                I restored the files for starforce, because of course I didn't permanently delete them, and ran the starforce remover tool. Now was able to resume install and it works perfect. Thank you everyone for your help.
                Starforce is really a hard copyprotection.
                If you install the SF Driver it's a hard intervention into the system.
                Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
                X