DT v4 vs. DT pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT v4 vs. DT pro

Ok, whats the diffrence between the two versions? anything important? Other than the prioritized suport, new status, and all the cool forum things and all upcoming versions.

The two reasons I ask this is because I cant find anything on this... I find little things like there is a pro version of v4 but nothing on what it will contain or the diffrence between the two. The second being that I see that its good for all upcoming versions but then I am reminded of Trillian which said the same thing but when v3 came out of that they said that you would have to purchase a new licence...

Thanks for any information anyone can give.

All I know so far from what I've read is that DT4 Pro will later support a virtual IDE plugin that will help with Starforce Protection and that it has a very nice GUI.

I REPEAT............I REPEAT!
    This does not mean DT4 free version will not support Starforce. I just have no clue in how they are implementing it in that version.

Also one major difference that is often overlooked is that by buying the pro version you show your support and help out the development team in coming out with future revisions and versions.

Comment

I am going to quote NetSoerfer now.
      Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
      Daemon Tools v4 will have the same features as Daemon Tools v3.47. However, it is rewritten from scratch, better protected against discovery (necessitating less blacklist fixes) and will support more copy protections than its predecessor. Additionally, you'll be able to toggle Auto Insert Notification with it.

Daemon Tools Pro will have a full-fledged user interface, you will be able to create images with it and it will feature a plugin architecture. Planned plugins are a virtual IDE drive plugin, a CD/DVD-authoring plugin, support for encrypted images.
      There are lots of other threads where they ask the same questions that you are, try use the search function next time.

Comment

No, know I would be showing support and supporting the dev team but 15 bucks can get me to and from school & work for a few days... evil high gas prices.... I can rationalize the money spent if I have more information.

And I did search its just that all I end up finding is "when will DT v4 be released" threads

Comment

I don't think that 15 USD expensive for a great software like this. (For an example, Alcohol 120% costs 51 USD)
          You will get the pro version, and you also support the D-tools developers.
          Originally Posted by Hakira
          And I did search its just that all I end up finding is "when will DT v4 be released" threads
          Strange, cause i found this thread by searching for "Daemon Tools v4": http://www2.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=6006
          Last edited by Methadon; 26.10.2005, 03:58.

Comment

Nope, your right 15 isnt much to spend on good software but when you are at collage you have to keep close tabs on expences or problems tend to occur. and Thanks Methadon for pointing me to the thread...

What page was that on when you searched? I just looked over 5 pages of the 25 and gave up..
            Last edited by Hakira; 26.10.2005, 04:06.

Comment

Nope, your right 15 isnt much to spend on good software but when you are at collage you have to keep close tabs on expences or problems tend to occur.
              True.
              What page was that on when you searched? I just looked over 5 pages of the 25 and gave up..
              I think it was on the second page.

Comment

Wow, I cant belive that I missed that thread. I went over it because it had things I wasnt intrested in around it, oh well skimming has never been a good thing for me. although the title doesnt do anything to get my attention for my search, I probly figured it was another "whens the relase date" threads...

oh well, Thanks again Methadon

Comment

No problem, I know that it can be confusing to read all the search results.
                  After I have read a couple of lines I sometimes become totaly blind

Comment

I swear at one point one of them mentioned that pro will have the ability to add more than just 4 virtual drives as well, but I cannot find that statement....
                    http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

Re: DT Pro

DT Pro will support more than 4 virtual drives
                      the modern world:
                      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Thanks Underheaven. I knew I did not 'dream' that up.
                        http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                          DT Pro will support more than 4 virtual drives
                          Ok that might be enough to make me buy it.

I cant seem to find this but I know x64 is supported by DT v4s release but is that the standard or the pro because I remeber someone mention that could only be in the pro version...

Comment

Re: v4

See the thread entitled "Daemon Tools v4/Windows XP x64 support" in the Common Problems and Solutions forum.

Specifically, the first sentence of the second paragraph.

:wink:
                            the modern world:
                            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Daemon Tools Pro will have a full-fledged user interface, you will be able to create images...
                              WHOA! DT Pro will let you 'create' images??? I didn't know that... $15 bucks is a steal anyway even WITHOUT that option!

Comment

Working...
                              X