Unlock the News/Announcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlock the News/Announcements

It would be nice if you could unlock the News/Announcements threads so that we can comment and discuss the news.
    Just a little suggestion.

no good idea - in short time it will be filled with abusive posts or
    even spam-posts (which we noticed lately here) - as this is
    the site where most others sites link to us.

For good reason it is closed - we have enough forums and
    categories to discuss about the announcements

Comment

But if you are going to do so that the new users can't write anything the first week, spaming och abusive posts will not be any problem. That is what i think.

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
        But if you are going to do so that the new users can't write anything the first week, spaming och abusive posts will not be any problem. That is what i think.
        those who want to be abusive or whatever just need to wait the week out and behave themselves, with regards to discussing Announcements invariably they turn into flame wars as you cannot please all people all of the time and those who have a gripe then start with there moaning etc etc.
        { "Your computer is fine sir, the problem exists between the keyboard and chair" }

Comment

The announcements forum is for announcements/information only, not for discussion - that's what the other forums are for.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
            The announcements forum is for announcements/information only, not for discussion - that's what the other forums are for.
            Smart move on your parts.

A quick suggestion...?
            Another site I hang out at requires a members first ten posts to be moderated and aproved before showing up in the threads. Spammers rarely have the patience to write ten good posts just to be able to write a few spams, and will learn just what a "good" post consists of rather quickly.
            But then you'd need more mods...! *hint-hint*!!!*

Comment

Originally Posted by kingdazy
              Smart move on your parts.

A quick suggestion...?
              Another site I hang out at requires a members first ten posts to be moderated and aproved before showing up in the threads. Spammers rarely have the patience to write ten good posts just to be able to write a few spams, and will learn just what a "good" post consists of rather quickly.
              But then you'd need more mods...! *hint-hint*!!!*
              They will probably need new moderators at the release of DT v4.
              I can imagine that it is gonna be alot of spam and abuse when that happends.

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
                They will probably need new moderators at the release of DT v4.
                I can imagine that it is gonna be alot of spam and abuse when that happends.
                Chances are its not gonna last long, theres always of burst of new people with new releases then a few days later it dies down.

Comment

You're probably right.

Comment

Working...
                  X