Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read this!

Hello!

It seems that many people here can't wait for DT 4 to be released so I suggest you to read the book "Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy" and its following parts. It's quite entertaining and fun. Even if you watched the movie it's worth reading it. Except from the beginning the movie has not much to do with the books. ( As far as I can remember )
    When you have finished DT4 might be released....

F.P.
    Last edited by FordPrefect; 27.10.2005, 14:16.

I haven't read the book but I have seen the movie, and I didn't like it all.
    British humor

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
      I haven't read the book but I have seen the movie, and I didn't like it all.
      British humor
      Trust me.. the movie sucks! You should watch the series (2 episodes) from 1981! Its so good and funny!

Also then marvin aint so damn white and happy as he is on the american.. the british one his all grey and depressing

Comment

Originally Posted by FordPrefect
        Hello!

It seems that many people here can't wait for DT 4 to be released so I suggest you to read the book "Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy" and its following parts. It's quite entertaining and fun. Even if you watched the movie it's worth reading it. Except from the beginning the movie has not much to do with the books. ( As far as I can remember )
        When you are finished DT4 might be released....

F.P.
        I second that, having seen the movie and not reading the book because of that is like riding the merry go round once and not going to any theme park after that anymore....

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
        There is another theory which states that this has already happened. "

Douglas Adams
        Attention! - Please ignore this signature.

Comment

The text adventure (published by Infocom in the late 80's) was awesome! You wake up with a terrible headache, look out the window, and discover that a big yellow bulldozer is about to demolish your house.

The old times...

(Babel fish anyone?)
          To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I've read the book... I recommend it to science fiction fans (though you're supposed to read it early - like before high school).
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Nikos
              The text adventure (published by Infocom in the late 80's) was awesome! You wake up with a terrible headache, look out the window, and discover that a big yellow bulldozer is about to demolish your house.

The old times...

(Babel fish anyone?)
              Hi Nikos

I can also remember that game. I don't know if you know, but there was a "remake" of this which you can find here:
              h**p://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game.shtml

Regards
              Andreas

Comment

Heh, must agree on all parts. The movie wasn't bad, but the book(s) beat it 10:0...
                And now I must get my hands on that text adventure. I did know that it existed, but never before remembered to look for it...
                Last edited by DeeGee; 27.10.2005, 14:13.

Comment

Maybe DT4 has already been released in a parallel universe, perhaps we can find a way to get there^^
                  My sysProfile !

Comment

can't resist that

You know what Adams' reaction to all those folks pestering him with 'Ooh write a sequel, write a sequel, i can't goddam live without a sequel' was? He just wrote one up - the fifth part - in which, by the end, he just very decisively finished off every protagonist, every other character, the entire earth, and just to make it perfectly sure and clean and safe, not only in this universe but also in every parallel one possible, all of the past and future and even outside of time in general...

Now, why did i think of writing this under one more off-topic DTv4 mentioning... :P

Comment

Originally Posted by theabyzz
                      Maybe DT4 has already been released in a parallel universe, perhaps we can find a way to get there^^
                      Ha! I'm already there, and belive me, you will LOVE the release when it comes to this universe! Totally worth the wait!:wink:

Comment

Originally Posted by Nikos

The old times...

(Babel fish anyone?)

That was such a great game, although i couldn't get very far! perhaps you can clear up a mystery for me. No matter what i tried (diving in front of the bulldozer, running away...a brick would fly from the bulldozed house and kill me, shout at the driver, NOTHING worked, what were you supposed to do?)

Comment

Originally Posted by estimablesir
                          That was such a great game, although i couldn't get very far! perhaps you can clear up a mystery for me. No matter what i tried (diving in front of the bulldozer, running away...a brick would fly from the bulldozed house and kill me, shout at the driver, NOTHING worked, what were you supposed to do?)
                          (We're getting heavily off-topic, but hey...)

Well, you were supposed to lie down in front of the bulldozer. Then you had to figure out how to stand up again without the bulldozer continuing demolishing your house. IIRC, you tell your boss to lie down in front of the bulldozer so that he can hold the ground for you (this kind of humor is typical for that game).
                          To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

You want something that will entertain you for at least for 7mins and 5 seconds. Check this out ^_^

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=power+rangers

Comment

Working...
                            X