Crash during install. Please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash during install. Please help

Just got a new computer and I attempted to install daemon 3.47 and the install was going fine until right at the end. Just before it was done installing my computer restarted itself and after restarting I recieved the dreaded computer recovered from serious error message. I have windows XP Media Center Edition. Is there some sort of conflict with this version of wondows and daemon tools? Would installing an older version of daemon tools result in the same thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by greaserpunk
    Just got a new computer and I attempted to install daemon 3.47 and the install was going fine until right at the end. Just before it was done installing my computer restarted itself and after restarting I recieved the dreaded computer recovered from serious error message. I have windows XP Media Center Edition. Is there some sort of conflict with this version of wondows and daemon tools? Would installing an older version of daemon tools result in the same thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I got the same problem greaserpunk.

I have nog nero burning software or any other burning tools.

I use norton 2005 though ,could that be the problem ?

Comment

If you haven't, please disable "automatic restarting" in Windows XP. This feature causes the computer to automatically reboot in case of a blue screen, so you won't be able to read what it says.

To accomplish that, please go to Control Panel, System, Advanced, and then the third "Settings" button (I have a german Windows XP so I don't know the exact name of that area). There you can disable automatic restart.
      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
        If you haven't, please disable "automatic restarting" in Windows XP. This feature causes the computer to automatically reboot in case of a blue screen, so you won't be able to read what it says.

To accomplish that, please go to Control Panel, System, Advanced, and then the third "Settings" button (I have a german Windows XP so I don't know the exact name of that area). There you can disable automatic restart.
        Hi ,

There is no blue screen of death ,it just restarts and gave a option to load a before crash windows ,could you please read the above mentioned problem ?

Thank you
        Last edited by Max73; 28.10.2005, 12:21.

Comment

The reason NetSoerfer mentioned configuring your BSOD settings is because Windows is configured (by default) to reboot automatically. Some (inexperienced) users will not know that a BSOD occurred.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Max73
            There is no blue screen of death ,it just restarts and gave a option to load a before crash windows ,could you please read the above mentioned problem?
            Believe me, I don't just post random messages in random threads.

It is default Windows behavior that in case of a blue screen the computer will immediately be restarted. That way, you won't even know there's been a bluescreen. Which is why I wrote the above.
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
              Believe me, I don't just post random messages in random threads.

It is default Windows behavior that in case of a blue screen the computer will immediately be restarted. That way, you won't even know there's been a bluescreen. Which is why I wrote the above.

ah ok ,thnx i wil reinstall tools and see ,what windows got to say

Comment

Working...
              X