Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant install-unistall daemon tools

Hi everybody.

I tried to install this software, and after the installation I rebooted.

Something went wrong since the pc hanged at the end of the reboting process.

Now, I can reinstall D-tools.

Also, I cant unistall the previous installation, since it doesnt appear in the Installed applications...

How can I solve this?
    Thanks in advance.
    It is not dead which can forever lie
    And with the passing of strange eons, even death may die.

Note: I deleted all the folders, shortcuts and ran my J16 registry power-tools, deleting everything about daemon tools.

Nothing...I cant reinstall it...

Comment

TURN OFF Daemon-Tools if its ON (it shouldnt be)
      You can do like this. Download "Crap Cleaner" or "CCleaner" (it is freeware!) its the same applicaiton but search on Google for CCleaner. Then you take "Options" and "Installations" and there to choose Daemon-tools and use "Remove post". Then you manually delete Daemon-Tools install folder, then remove the .sys files from "<windows>/system32/drivers" You must know the name of the .sys files and I guess you are using standard names so they are called d347bus and d347xx (cant remember the name).

First you need to go to "Control panel" and then "System". From there go to "Device manager" and then you must activate hidden processes, that you do by clicking "Show" - "Show hidden processes"
      then you need to remove that can be found in "Software units" (I got swedish Windows XP so I dont know the name of it) PnP BIOS extentions, Plug n play software device emulation, Plug n Play BIOS extentions and under "SCSI- RAID- controls" you need to delete D347xx SCSI Driver if that is called.

Now Reboot, and then after that start CCleaner and clear you registry by running the registry cleaner in CCleaner. The install Daemon-Tools and it should work. This is how I got my Daemon-Tools to work again when I got the EXACT same problem as you have right now.

I hope someone else can reply with a easier way to help you but this was how I did it.
      Last edited by linuxares; 27.10.2005, 13:15.

Comment

Originally Posted by linuxares

First you need to go to "Control panel" and then "System". From there go to "Device manager" and then you must activate hidden processes, that you do by clicking "Show" - "Show hidden processes"
        then you need to remove that can be found in "Software units" (I got swedish Windows XP so I dont know the name of it) PnP BIOS extentions, Plug n play software device emulation, Plug n Play BIOS extentions and under "SCSI- RAID- controls" you need to delete D347xx SCSI Driver if that is called.

Hi and thanks for the reply!

Here's what I found in the device menu...what should I delete??
        I took pics, see them all:

Comment

Manual removal procedure is mentioned in thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum, reboot after the procedure.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
            Manual removal procedure is mentioned in thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum, reboot after the procedure.
            I did this:

"Try renaming the driver in the installation.
            Busdriver name and miniport driver name for example from
            d347bus into d349bus
            d347prt into d349prt"

And it worked.
            Will it work even with the newer version?

One more question:
            It seems that the link to the Error you mentioned is broken, since it leads to the main DT page...could you give me a working link?

Thanks

Comment

Which link do you mean?

Comment

Which link do you mean?
                There was a thread regarding that error, but when I click on it it redirects me to the main page...

Comment

Works pretty ok for me?

Comment

Probably it was my fault then...thanks for the support.

Im going to follow the procedure in the thread...but what are my Daemon drivers? The ones that I changed to make it work again??

Comment

Well, you can check for both - default names and whatever you used.

Comment

Update:

I followed the Error guide, and it worked, now everything is fine!

I take this occasion to thank you DT guys, you make internet a much better place.

Cant wait for the next release, I know it will WELL worth the time and the effort.
                        A million times thanks!!!

Comment

Can't remove "PnP Bios Extension" & "Plug and Pray Bios Extension"!
                          Computer hangs up! What can I do?
                          I've got a problem between Alcohol an Daemon!

Thanx in advance!

Comment

This has nothing to do with DAEMON Tools 4. If you try to install any Microsoft Installer based program (and you've got an install that is due a rollback) you'll also get that error message before it will allow you to install the new product.

But still, you'll need a solution for that failed Alcohol install/patch/repair/uninstall (before you can install anything else) and I'm not sure what to recommend for that.
                            the modern world:
                            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                            X