Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image of Starforce Keyless 3.5.10.6

Hiya guys,
    Some time in the next 48 hours or so, I should be recieving a copy of X3: Reunion, which uses Starforce Keyless 3.5.10.6.
    As of the moment I have two drives in this machine- An Aopen DUW1608/ARR (Latest firmware) & a Sony DVD-ROM.
    As I understand it, to get this working right, I need an Alcohol image with all options on, but theres a slight problem with this-
    The Aopen drive supports everything except reading the RMPS,and the Sony will read the RMPS, but doesn't do fast error skip or anything else.
    Any thoughts on how to get the best copy for use with DT out of this please?

Cheers

-Leezer-

u must make image with alcohol best 1x speed with DPM. thats enough. no subchans or rpms
    Last edited by hroudel; 27.10.2005, 18:56.

Comment

Read it with the sony. And its reading the dpm not the rmps.
      Fast skip error is useful for Safedisk but not for starforce.
      It's a dvd or cd
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Yeah, I know what I mean
        It's a DVD.
        I will post back here if I'm sucessful in getting it to work.

Cheers

-Leezer-

Comment

The European version of X3 is DVD only while the Americans will have a choice... Why? I do wonder why
          (on a sidenote, i prefer the DVD)
          Carpe diem

Comment

I don't understand why some people suggest that "skip errors" should be enabled on DVDs. It's a stupid thing to do. The only case where you'll get a read-error, is when the disc is scratched or dirty. If you don't enable "skip errors", the reading will abort, and you will know that you should clean the DVD. With "skip errors" enabled though, you'll get a broken image.

Not smart. Please stop suggesting this. DVDs are NOT CDs.

And do not confuse Safedisc as found on CDs, with Safedisc protected DVDs. (Sorry if I sound pedantic, but I see people saying that you should "enable read errors skipping" without actually having a clue what they're talking about, resulting in corrupted DVD images.)
            Last edited by Nikos; 28.10.2005, 07:15.
            To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

I would normally think you would not want "skip errors" enabled for Securom, but on one disk I've got (Securom 4.8x) it has a single bad sector at the very very end. You get a failed image if you don't check the skip error checkbox.

What would you suggest for reading SecuROM 4.8x, 5.xx, 7.xx disks (Nikos or anyone)?
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

What would you suggest for reading SecuROM 4.8x, 5.xx, 7.xx disks (Nikos or anyone)?
                For Securom 5 or 7 on a dvd i would enable the ignore disc error
                option and reading the dpm.
                Fast skip errors isn't an option to choose for dvd's in my German Version of Alcohol 120%.
                On securom 4.8x on cd i would enable ignore disc error read sub channel data and read the dpm.
                Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

"skip errors"

Nikos, did you mean fast skip errors or ignore errors when you wrote "skip errors"?
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                    Nikos, did you mean fast skip errors or ignore errors when you wrote "skip errors"?
                    I'd enable "Skip reading errors" but make sure "Fast skip error blocks" is disabled.
                    Also enable "Read subchannel data" and "Data Position Measurement".
                    I always have my "Number of retries before reading error" set to 3 or higher.
                    I also read my images nice and slow, usually about 12x.
                    Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

once more

by experienced people, who makes working copies of starforce(without emulators almost 1:1 copy. i say almost!!!!), is enough to make copy with DPM and very slow speed. 1x is the best(plextor is for this my favourite. may be toshiba, worst pioneer) No subchans or RMPS or Skip reading Errors, Fast error skip. nothing else. U can try it after release date

Comment

When you read a disc and enable DPM reading (in Alcohol), you are forced to use RMPS, so "No subchans or RMPS" can't be what you meant to say.

You can't have DPM without RMPS in Alcohol.
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I would normally think you would not want "skip errors" enabled for Securom, but on one disk I've got (Securom 4.8x) it has a single bad sector at the very very end. You get a failed image if you don't check the skip error checkbox.
                          On a DVD? Are you sure the disc isn't just scratched or something?

First, it is good to know if your drive's motor uses CLV or CAV at 1x. For good DPM extraction, you need to select the lowest speed at which the DVD drive uses CAV. In my case (NEC ND-3520), this is 2x. At 1x, no DPM extraction is possible at all (my NEC does CLV at 1x). This is probably the reason why many people report that their drives cannot do DPM at 1x, even though with DPM it's good to read at the lowest possible speed. For example, if the drive uses CLV at 1x and 2x, DPM will only work with 4x speed and higher.

CLV = Constant Linear Velocity
                          CAV = Constant Angular Velocity

With CLV, the data transfer rate is the same across the whole DVD (because the disc spins faster at the beginning, then slows down the further away the laser gets from the center). With CAV, the tranfer rate increases, because the disc spins with the same speed at all times (the angular velocity stays constant, and therefore we have a stable RPM).

To do DPM, you drive's motor must sustain a constant RPM, and therefore, you'll need CAV. I'm not aware of any DVD drive that can do the job with CLV. If anyone knows about one, please correct me.

(Note that we're talking about DVDs here, not CDs, where the majority of drives can do DPM with CLV.)

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
                            For Securom 5 or 7 on a dvd i would enable the ignore disc error option
                            Do you actually get read erros, or do you enable it just for fun?

Comment

"Fast skips" aren't possible with DVDs. I meant "skip errors".

Comment

Working...
                              X