i need help mounting Battlefield 2 to drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need help mounting Battlefield 2 to drive

Hi it would be greatly appreciated if someone can help im just wondering how do I make a Image of my bf2 cd so i can play without it?

OK, the database has this game listed and says it is protected by Safedisc 4.00. It's dead-easy to do. Install Alcohol 52% (there's a trial version of this program available) and start it. Select the "Image Making Wizard". Leave the two check-boxes disabled. Start the image reading.

It should take about 4 or 5 minutes. After the image has been created, mount it with DTools (or Alcohol's virtual drive, which is also based on DTools, by the way).
    To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nikos
      OK, the database has this game listed and says it is protected by Safedisc 4.00. It's dead-easy to do. Install Alcohol 52% (there's a trial version of this program available) and start it. Select the "Image Making Wizard". Leave the two check-boxes disabled. Start the image reading.

It should take about 4 or 5 minutes. After the image has been created, mount it with DTools (or Alcohol's virtual drive, which is also based on DTools, by the way).
      Didn't you mean Alcohol 120%? Alcohol 52% is emulation only it seems.
      Carpe diem

Comment

Originally Posted by Kinlaadare
        Didn't you mean Alcohol 120%? Alcohol 52% is emulation only it seems.
        The difference between 120% and 52% is that the latter one lacks recording. In any event, it would be a quite useless tool if it would not allow for image creation, don't you think? :wink: Imagine: you have a tool that can mount images you actually cannot create.
        To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

I asked because on the Alcohol site it's not clear... besides, I use Alcohol 120%
          Carpe diem

Comment

Originally Posted by maverick6969
            Hi it would be greatly appreciated if someone can help im just wondering how do I make a Image of my bf2 cd so i can play without it?
            Just make a mini-image of the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
              I've seen people say the game uses Starforce. I found a tutorial for running the game here
              This thread is about Battlefield 2 not Star Wars Battlefront II.

Comment

..... doh!
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I am trying to create a backup of a BF2 CD1.

It is installed on my system already, and runs fine, but I just want a backup. I have installed Alcohol 120%, and when I go to the "image making wizard" and start the wizard, all I get is disk read errors. It just continues to do them, and I am guessing its just doing nothing.

Any ideas?

Comment

Disc read errors on Safedisc protected CD's are normal. I'm assuming this is the trial version of Alcohol. You can post for help on the Alcohol trial user forums as well. If you bought a copy, just e-mail support to have an account created on the regular forums.

Comment

Working...
                    X