problem with dawn of war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with dawn of war

ok so, i dont know if this is the right thread for this... i only just became a member, so if it isnt, just point me in the right direction.

anyway, my problem is, at the beginning of the year i was in holiday in bangkok, i was hoping to get some cheap software, but i mustve been looking in the wrong place, so i ended up just buying a legit copy of warhammer dawn of war (using the exchange rate the price was just under what it was priced in new zealand). Upon returning home i found that the cds were just burnt copies in a nicely packed box that looked fairly real (the cds however didnt look real :P). i thought whatever, just as long as they work.

so it came in two cd's, both with a single .exe on each.. and the way it installed, im guessing it just unzipped all the files onto my comp and then gave me a reg file that i installed and got it all working, it worked and i clocked the game and thought no harm done. But now i cant patch it, and i also cant play multiplayer. i have no idea were i bought the cd from, but rest assured i will never make the same mistake again... now the only problem is i just want to patch it. and when i try to patch it to 1.01 it gives me an error log saying the table of contents does not match so the update is aborted (i tried both patches, english and international.) can anyone help or am i looking in the wrong place?

Sorry pal, but since you know this ain't a legit version... absolutely no surprise there, eh? You might try contacting the game support about that, but somehow i get the feeling you shouldn't count on them being too helpful. Looks like you got 150 XP for having been ripped off, that's it sadly.

Comment

is that enough to level up?

Comment

Seems not
        Carpe diem

Comment

@loki veridis
          It's obvious why you can't patch that version of DoW, the original executable has been replaced by a cracked executable so patching won't work. And as ,jACkdA\W said, game support won't be very helpful in your situation. By the way, how much did you pay for that "copy" in Germany I bought it a month ago for 9,90 euro.
          My sysProfile !

Comment

Working...
          X