Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need some HONEST advice on what i should do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some HONEST advice on what i should do.

Hi all.

I may be a first time poster here, but i've been nearly a daily regular to these forums over the last 6 months or so...

You see, i love being on the cutting edge. When Windows x64 was released as a BETA, I was one of those that dove in head first.

I like x64, so much so that since RC2, it's been the only Windows OS I’ve had on my PC.

Anyways, there has been only one major problem for me... no Daemon Tools or A120% support. For months, I’ve been hearing: "it's nearly out", "it will be out next week", "oh yeah sure, Daemon Tools 4 will be out soon, and here’s a carrot on a stick".

So, please, I’ve read all 'the-stop-asking-us-when-it-is-out-as-we-can't-help-but-reply-which-wastes-our-time comments from the admins, but all i want is some definitive comment as to whether or not x64 support is coming out very soon, if at all.

You see, I’m a uni student. I'm studying Aerospace Avionics, and it literally leaves me with no free time. BUT... I have three weeks of holidays next week, and then i start working full time over the summer.

There are certain programs that i want to use during this upcoming break. And due to the country i live in, some of these programs need a copy-protection emulator like A120% or Daemon tools.

I'm willing to format my HDD, and crawl back to normal 32 bit windows if I can't get copy protection emulation. Reinstalling windows is not something I really want to do, but I’m sick of waiting.

So please, I’m grateful for all the hard work etc that the Daemon Tools team has done, and I’ve loved my Daemon tools in the past, but for the love of all things holy and righteous, just be honest with me! Is x64 support coming soon or not? A yes or no is all that i need.

And let me be honest with you... this is a serious question. I'm not trying to winge. I just want to know so I don't reinstall 32 bit windows only to have Daemon tools x64 support the next day.

Thanks you for your time.
    Last edited by snoochems; 28.10.2005, 14:18.

my advice, don't reinstall
    No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

The simple answer to your question is yes.
      But for sure there was never anything like "it will be out soon" for months, as we always made one thing clear:
      It will be out when it's done.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Well... that's great to hear. I take it you're in the know.

Just out of curiousity, I've read that it been in the BETA stages for some time now. Why not release the 64 bit version for public BETA so they at least have something.

Every forum i go to there is quiet a number of people using x64 asking about copy emulation. No one provides it. A120% are in a worse posistion than Daemon tools as they say it's been done for ages, but aren't releasing it.

Many people aren't switching to 64 bit simply because of the lack of copy emulation programs. Which is sad, as the more people using 64 bit means the more likely dev's will make games for the OS.

Comment

Originally Posted by snoochems
          Just out of curiousity, I've read that it been in the BETA stages for some time now. Why not release the 64 bit version for public BETA so they at least have something.
          *sigh* I understand your frustration. But I hope you understand ours too. We just won't release public betas - for reasons that have been discussed in these forums over and over and over again. Just have a look around.
          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Wait just a little bit.
            They don't have set the month October for fun.
            It must be soon!
            Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Working...
            X