Error 1714 NEW!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 1714 NEW!!

i tried ur method and solution to del the registry keys , but the problem is i couldn't find the key under the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\UpgradeCodes and anythings relate to Dtools or deamon tools!!
    are there any other solutions??
    plz help

What os do you have?

Try checking HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Installer\UserData\Products or HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products.

Comment

im using Windows XP, I upgrade from ME...and I try to install Daemon-Tools 3.29, be4 i have 3.1X somethings...but after i install XP it not working, so i try to del it and install new version and it come out error msg 1714 can't remove older version plz contact system administrator or something like it.....I try to del the registry manually but I think i del everythings i can found under registry.....it has the network source error be4 i clean the registry..after I clean it...new error comes out 1714

Comment

I tried everythings....but still same or can;t find the key under the direction o te registry

Comment

Can you do a full registry search for 'daemon'?

btw, if you delete the entire UserData registry key (after backing);
          INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
          i am 99% certain you will be able to install.

If you can find out what the old version is, that would be even better.

Comment

how do u del the entire UserData registry key ??:P
            i use find command to for daemon or dtools already...but cant find...i already del all registry that i could found......
            and i think my old version is 3.23

Comment

No, typo on my part.

I meant to delete entire UpgradeCodes key. But I cannot emphasize enough the importance to backup first!

Try downloading 3.23 msi files, from common probs forum, and run setup for it. You might try uninstall, repair, or install then uninstall.

Comment

I del all my UpgradeCodes in the registry..and now i can install the version 3.29.0.0, thank you very much for the help....but last question will that effect to my other programes?? (I del all the keys under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\UpgradeCodes)

thank you

Comment

It will affect all windows installer installations. But the effect should be minor. If you, for example, were to install a new version of alcohol 120, it would not 'see' the old version, and would overwrite old version (and possibly install another copy of the virtual cdrom). This can be resolved by first uninstalling old version.

If you want, send me your backup of the UserData key, and I will tell you which entry is daemon tools. Then you can just delete this key.

Now that daemon tools is installed, you may be able to restore the UserData key. But if you want to update daemon tools again, it might give the same problems.

Comment

Working...
                  X