So why are you all freakin' about V4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So why are you all freakin' about V4?

I have been using Daemon tools for a year and a half or so, I love it. I have also been on the forums lately reading what everbody has to say. I do agree that it is cool that V4 will emulate Starforce, and new securom and safedisc. But All copies of games w/ these protections can be played as it is, right now, with all legit programs.
    With Alcohol 120% 1.9.5.3105, DT V3.47, SFcure, SD4Hide, and SR7.Stop, I can play any and all games out there.
    Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Cold War, BIA Earned In Blood, Worms 4, Serious Sam, Quake 4, F.E.A.R., Myst V, all these copies run fine on my system.
    Is it just that a lot of people don't wanna go through the trouble, or is it that they can't figure it out?
    I'm waiting for V4 too, I will buy pro when it comes out, and it'll be slightly more convienent not having to use SFcure, or unplug my IDE drives, but to say I'm depending on it, that's a bit of a stretch.
    I just don't see what all the fuss is about.
    Bother the Dev team enough and they'll close the public forums

Edited by suggestion
    Last edited by stile; 30.10.2005, 05:19.

Originally Posted by stile
    Bother the Dev team enough and we won't make it to V5 and beyond...

Trust me when I say the devs could care less about all the complaining and moaning on the public forums. Its the fact that it leads to extra time away from developing to moderate the forums that bothers them. Their main motivation comes from the countles posts in the customer forum urging them to take their time, clear bugs up and release it when its ready.

It may be chaotic on this side of the fence but on the other side, the customer boards have had the most mature and friendly posts I've ever read. As long as they know there are mature people out there who support their work through action they will keep on developing.

Your last line should be changed to "Bother the Dev team enough and they'll close the public forums"
    Last edited by Xristaki; 30.10.2005, 05:15.

Comment

Bother the Dev team enough and they'll close the public forums
      cool, he changed it.

Hey stile, your name doesn't happen to relate to the apprentice adept series books by Piers Anthony, does it?

Comment

lol Stile you didn't have to change the last line, was just trying to prove my point

Comment

Originally Posted by estimablesir
          Hey stile, your name doesn't happen to relate to the apprentice adept series books by Piers Anthony, does it?
          That's exactly where I got it, been using that name for a long while, no one has called me on it yet :wink:

Comment

love that series, definately a good choice for a name

Comment

Another adept fan
              To respond to the original point though, DT4 will be a single user-friendly interface, without having to go through all the hastle of playing with SFCure & SFNightmare. (Last time I tried that, I managed to disable my HDD )

-Leezer-

Comment

Also D-Tools v4 will allow me to mount ProtectCD images again.
                (before anyone suggests it, NO ******** does NOT work)
                Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Well it's simple. I am running Windows x64. Thats why. but i am not freaking out. I'll just wait and check this site every day.

An interesting question is:

Which dl server can handle the load that will be needed when it comes out!

Comment

About NOT needing DT4 to play "all games out there.."

Well, stile, let me tell you something, i don't know if it ever happened to you but i already F*CKED up my PC once because of SFnightmare and SFcure. Unless you are rich enough to risk "burning" a HDD for the chance to play any of those games through emulation!!! It happened with me and to some folks out there too!! It's not a good thing to mess with hardware functions that way, specially with software that can be "buggy" and damage your hardware!! I personally will only try to play SF# protected games again when DT4 is out!! It's the ONLY emulation tool i trust, and has never let me down!! That's why most of the ppl are desperate to get their hands on DT4. We don't mean to be a "pain in the ass" for DT dev team, we only want them to know how much of a "DT addict" we are....

GOD!! I HATE SF3!!

C U around ppl

ThE_TeMpLaR

Comment

@Stile - wow, another Adept series fan - kewl.

My personal fav from PA is the Incarnations series - then again, I am a macabre person to begin with so,....

I like your point Stile, and wish the mods would make a sticky out of this thread - although, I already know, most of the n00bs and the script kiddies won't bother to read it - they'll hist the second line, think 'Suck up' and move on - and keep whining in the bargain.

Although, I *am* waiting for the kiddie who takes it too far and gets a 14 day lockout of the board and promptly starts a flame war on some blog - cause I am soooooo gonna want to respond with a "you were warned" post.
                      http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X