PDA

View Full Version : Can't install,windows says new hardware DVD SCSI can't be installed, help please :(

registrau
30.10.2005, 21:33
Hello,

I'm having some problems updating DT, and after following the advice given in this post http://www2.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=2138 to uninstall it properly and try again, I still have problems.

When I'm installing the program a message appears saying that windows has found new hardware, DVD Rom SCSI, and that it can't install it.

How can I solve this?

Copytrooper
30.10.2005, 21:37
Check this thread:
http://www2.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=3701

registrau
30.10.2005, 22:58
But that thread explains how to fix "No drive letter(s) assigned to the virtual drive(s), or virtual drive(s) disappear".

That's not the problem I described, what happens is that windows won't install the DVD ROM SCSI new hardware that it finds WHILE installind DT, and it doen't finish installing DT.

Copytrooper
30.10.2005, 23:13
You've to install drivers via cdrom.inf - that's what matters.
Also check if you've some file like infcache.1 or similar in system, try to move/delete it.

registrau
31.10.2005, 13:31
But what hardware do I install those drivers to?

I mean, which device do I have to look for and give it those drivers?

Zyxthior
31.10.2005, 16:22
I've just ran into this similar problem....

I tried installing Alcohol 120% (stay with me on this, it involves D-Tools as well) and I came up the same "Found new Hardware RAID/SCSI" and then the pop-up window to find the drivers for this new software. I set it to automatic, the driver won't work, and Alcohol 120% installation reverses itself.

Now, my buddy comes over, tries to install Daemon-Tools 3.47 and the SAME message comes up. Now I've installed D-Tools and Alcohol in the past and I've never seen this issue occur. He has a completely different system than mine.

The only thing (which may be a coincidence) is that we both installed Dawn of War Winter Assault (Securrom 7) and Civilizaitons IV (SafeDisc 4.6) on our system before the aforementioned installations of Alcohol and D-Tools...I'm curious if that has something to do with it...

I haven't used Anti-Blaxx or any other 3rd party software either...

Jito463
31.10.2005, 16:53
When the message pops up to install the drivers, try manually installing the drivers and point it to Windows\inf\cdrom.inf

registrau
01.11.2005, 16:09
Many thanks all, problem solved =)

Zackvan
06.11.2005, 17:56
there is no cdrom.inf in my windows/inf folder. :-/

D-tools was working fine a week ago on this computer. Now i'm just now trying to use it again and there are no driver letters assigned.

i checked to see if there were no driver files installed on the virtual drive, and that seems to be the problem.

but there isn't a cdrom.inf in that folder.

Zackvan
06.11.2005, 18:01
When the message pops up to install the drivers, try manually installing the drivers and point it to Windows\inf\cdrom.inf

there isn't a cdrom.inf file in my windows/inf folder. can i expand it from my windows instalation cd or is there someplace i need to download it?

JoelEllison
07.11.2005, 01:25
Run the system file checker and it will ask you to insert your windows CD when needed.

wolfguard
08.11.2005, 01:25
I am having this problem too, but with a twist.

This was all running fine, then i had to reboot in order to install a different program. I was able to completly install d-tools and use it with no problems.

After rebooting, i get the "Virtual SCSI driver not detected" error message. So, i get on this forum, read for a while, and check. all my virtual cd drivers have the correct drivers, my SCSI drivers are pointed at what i named the d-tools drivers.

Any help would be appreciated.

**edit**

for some reason it's not updating when i post. i don't know if it takes a while, so sorry if i double post.

yes, i have the drivers there. d347bus and prt.sys and j347bus and prt.sys. the j drivers are my current drivers, the d's are from a previous i nstall, i guess.

Thanks.

Copytrooper
08.11.2005, 10:35
@wolfguard:
Check if Daemon Tools driver files are present in Windows\System32\Drivers folder.

wolfguard
08.11.2005, 13:48
@wolfguard:
Check if Daemon Tools driver files are present in Windows\System32\Drivers folder.
I have 2 sets. the d347bus.sys/d347prt.sys, and j347bus and prt.sys. The J sets are what i am using on this install.

Copytrooper
08.11.2005, 14:33
I suggest you remove Daemon Tools via control panel -> software, check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers, reboot, then re-install.

Mystique
13.11.2005, 10:28
I've just ran into this similar problem....

I tried installing Alcohol 120% (stay with me on this, it involves D-Tools as well) and I came up the same "Found new Hardware RAID/SCSI" and then the pop-up window to find the drivers for this new software. I set it to automatic, the driver won't work, and Alcohol 120% installation reverses itself.

Now, my buddy comes over, tries to install Daemon-Tools 3.47 and the SAME message comes up. Now I've installed D-Tools and Alcohol in the past and I've never seen this issue occur. He has a completely different system than mine.

The only thing (which may be a coincidence) is that we both installed Dawn of War Winter Assault (Securrom 7) and Civilizaitons IV (SafeDisc 4.6) on our system before the aforementioned installations of Alcohol and D-Tools...I'm curious if that has something to do with it...

I haven't used Anti-Blaxx or any other 3rd party software either...

It has nothing todo with this Game or Securom 7 because i have the same Problem like your friend. I have formatted my PC 2 weeks ago and on the fresh system i have only installed some drivers that i need and then Alcohol and Daemon Tools and they have no drive letters, i must poinjt it manually to Windows/inf and thats not only by these two programs. i must do this by everything new device, also when i enable my Floppy device :( that makes me annoying.

i formatted 3 times more after this happend the first time to me and still the same problem, now i give up... Damn M$ products ;)

Maybhe someone has an Idea :rolleyes: