Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't install,windows says new hardware DVD SCSI can't be installed, help please :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't install,windows says new hardware DVD SCSI can't be installed, help please :(

Hello,

I'm having some problems updating DT, and after following the advice given in this post http://www2.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/showthread.php?t=2138 to uninstall it properly and try again, I still have problems.

When I'm installing the program a message appears saying that windows has found new hardware, DVD Rom SCSI, and that it can't install it.

How can I solve this?

Check this thread:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

But that thread explains how to fix "No drive letter(s) assigned to the virtual drive(s), or virtual drive(s) disappear".

That's not the problem I described, what happens is that windows won't install the DVD ROM SCSI new hardware that it finds WHILE installind DT, and it doen't finish installing DT.

Comment

You've to install drivers via cdrom.inf - that's what matters.
        Also check if you've some file like infcache.1 or similar in system, try to move/delete it.

Comment

But what hardware do I install those drivers to?

I mean, which device do I have to look for and give it those drivers?

Comment

I've just ran into this similar problem....

I tried installing Alcohol 120% (stay with me on this, it involves D-Tools as well) and I came up the same "Found new Hardware RAID/SCSI" and then the pop-up window to find the drivers for this new software. I set it to automatic, the driver won't work, and Alcohol 120% installation reverses itself.

Now, my buddy comes over, tries to install Daemon-Tools 3.47 and the SAME message comes up. Now I've installed D-Tools and Alcohol in the past and I've never seen this issue occur. He has a completely different system than mine.

The only thing (which may be a coincidence) is that we both installed Dawn of War Winter Assault (Securrom 7) and Civilizaitons IV (SafeDisc 4.6) on our system before the aforementioned installations of Alcohol and D-Tools...I'm curious if that has something to do with it...

I haven't used Anti-Blaxx or any other 3rd party software either...

Comment

When the message pops up to install the drivers, try manually installing the drivers and point it to Windows\inf\cdrom.inf

Comment

Many thanks all, problem solved =)

Comment

there is no cdrom.inf in my windows/inf folder. :-/

D-tools was working fine a week ago on this computer. Now i'm just now trying to use it again and there are no driver letters assigned.

i checked to see if there were no driver files installed on the virtual drive, and that seems to be the problem.

but there isn't a cdrom.inf in that folder.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jito463
                    When the message pops up to install the drivers, try manually installing the drivers and point it to Windows\inf\cdrom.inf
                    there isn't a cdrom.inf file in my windows/inf folder. can i expand it from my windows instalation cd or is there someplace i need to download it?

Comment

Run the system file checker and it will ask you to insert your windows CD when needed.

Comment

I am having this problem too, but with a twist.

This was all running fine, then i had to reboot in order to install a different program. I was able to completly install d-tools and use it with no problems.

After rebooting, i get the "Virtual SCSI driver not detected" error message. So, i get on this forum, read for a while, and check. all my virtual cd drivers have the correct drivers, my SCSI drivers are pointed at what i named the d-tools drivers.

Any help would be appreciated.

**edit**

for some reason it's not updating when i post. i don't know if it takes a while, so sorry if i double post.

yes, i have the drivers there. d347bus and prt.sys and j347bus and prt.sys. the j drivers are my current drivers, the d's are from a previous i nstall, i guess.

Thanks.
                        Last edited by wolfguard; 08.11.2005, 13:56.

Comment

@wolfguard:
                          Check if Daemon Tools driver files are present in Windows\System32\Drivers folder.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                            @wolfguard:
                            Check if Daemon Tools driver files are present in Windows\System32\Drivers folder.
                            I have 2 sets. the d347bus.sys/d347prt.sys, and j347bus and prt.sys. The J sets are what i am using on this install.

Comment

I suggest you remove Daemon Tools via control panel -> software, check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum to remove leftovers, reboot, then re-install.

Comment

Working...
                              X