X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD-R Buffer Under Runs after installing Daemon Tools

System:
    Elderly Panasonic CW-7582 CD-R
    Windows 2000 Pro (Build 2195, Service Pack 3)
    Nero Burning Rom v.5.1.0.8

Description:
    I tried to burn a disc image from my hard drive at 1x and made about 10 frisbee's; each at 6%. I tried to burn standard ISO CDs from regular files and got the same problem. I then tried to burn MP3s as audio and got the same problem. Daemon Tools was not even running while this was going on. Finally, I uninstalled Daemon Tools and tried it again. No luck. I ran Norton WinDoctor and it cleaned up some stuff in the registry and the CD-R started working again. The only thing on my system that changed since the last time I used Nero was Daemon Tools. I have never once had a buffer under run before, much less at 1x. The only burning software that has ever been installed on this machine is Nero.

Any ideas?

Have you tried installing daemon tools AFTER using win doctor?

Comment

Not yet.. I'm still burning that cd at 1x..

I'll give it a shot though.

Comment

Same exact thing. The CD I burned after having Norton clean up is just great though.

Any more ideas?

Comment

There is a more recent nero version available. Maybe try installing this update?

Also, try installing clonecd or blindwrite, and try burning a cd and see if you get a buffer underrun

Comment

I installed the latest version of Nero today and the exact same thing happened. I'm not trying to even rip a CD. I'm just trying to burn standard issue files or create audio CDs.

Comment

Do you also use Nero InCD?

Comment

Not that I know of. I mean, Nero could have piggy backed something into the installation that I didn't notice. So to answer the question, I don't use it, but that doesn't nessecarily mean it isn't there. I don't see it in my Start menu.

Comment

Working...
                X