X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reboot during installation

Computer: HP 1210n
    Burning Software: Nero

I cant seem to figure this out. The computer seems to hate virtual drives. During installation of Daemon 3.74, the computer would sudden just restart. Upon the restart it would do some sort of disk drive check (which I have the option of skipping). Anyway I had to do a system restore to remove Daemon because add/remove programs doesn't have it listed.

So anyway to fix this or will the new version resolve this issue?

This is probably caused by some driver behaving "dirty" with scsiport.sys (e.g. some SATA or card reader driver). Please wait for next version which will have special workaround for such drivers.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Help... ( F1 )

Please help me.. When I install daemon tool, and it reboots the Comp. i cant use my windows.. it says that the CPU, in task manager is used 100%, and it nees to be low, much low, you know for about 1-5 %. And because of that i cant use it, it is too slow, the same is with Alchohol 120%, why??? And i dont have a bad computer, 2GHz, 256 Ram, 14GB free space...
      I formated the comp, and the same.. I installed daemon in my laptop, which has a lower configuration than the comp. and it works, whats the problem????

I dont have that Minidump folder.. What now???
      Last edited by Te3dy; 01.11.2005, 17:37.

Comment

Check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that crash, send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to your post in this thread.

Comment

Help... ( F1 )

I dont have that Minidump folder...
          What now???

Comment

Sorry, you meant "normal" reboot required at end of installation, not BSOD/crash/reboot?
            After that you reboot into Windows and get 100% cpu usage? Try to end daemon.exe via task manager and re-start Daemon Tools -> still 100%? If it works then, try to disable autostart and run Daemon Tools manually after boot.
            Really difficult to say what's causing this ... do you use some anti-vir or similar? Try to disable it.

Comment

Help... ( F1 )

Yeah, something like that, i am using Zone Alarm...
              But its really strange.. With using 100% i cant do nothing, cant press start button, must restart manually and do system restore in safe mode, by disabling the loading of d347...
              I will try..

Comment

HeLp.. ( F1 )

Oh man, its the same again.... I am gonna kill this Computer, i dont know what to do, and i really want to play Fifa06...

Edit by NetSoerfer: please try to keep your language on a normal level. I edited your post to keep out any profanity.

Comment

Originally Posted by Te3dy
                  Oh man, its the same again.... I am gonna kill this Computer, i dont know what to do, and i really want to play Fifa06...
                  Why don't you relax and use the original FIFA cd for now till your problem gets solved.

Comment

Originally Posted by Te3dy
                    Just play with your orignal cd until DT v4 gets realesed.

Comment

Because he doesn't have one. Hence the ban.
                      "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
                        Because he doesn't have one. Hence the ban.
                        Ok, I see.

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                          This is probably caused by some driver behaving "dirty" with scsiport.sys (e.g. some SATA or card reader driver). Please wait for next version which will have special workaround for such drivers.
                          I have same problem. Here is some info.
                          It reboot computer in the end of the secon scroll bar.
                          After that when I try reinstall it, I see the message about name conflict.
                          After deleting drivers dorm system and registry I can install it again with same result.

I had one SATA harddrive.

Sorry for my English.

Comment

Similar problem here.

During installation of daemon 3.47 tools it suddenly caused my pc to reboot. After that when I tried to run it, it gave an error about no language support or something. It wasn't in the list of installed software so I couldn't properly remove it. So instead I removed all files in the program directory + what was mentioned in the error during translation topic about removing pnp bios, the driver files en reg keys.

I then tried to reinstall. It gave a message that it would try to resume a previous installation and after clicking ok immediately an error that it couldn't continue installation because of a driver conflict.

After that I looked if I perhaps missed some files/regkeys for deleting. I found a couple (daemon.dll in windows folder for example and some recently openend registry keys) but deleting those didn't help anything. I just can't seem to install the thing anymore because it wants to continue an installation that doesn't exist anymore :S

I'm running winxp sp2. Up till yesterday I was running d-tools fine with an older version. (haven't tried reverting to an old version yet)

Comment

Originally Posted by vedder
                              I then tried to reinstall. It gave a message that it would try to resume a previous installation and after clicking ok immediately an error that it couldn't continue installation because of a driver conflict.
                              Don't worry. To run reinstall you had to clean up registry. But it won't help. It will crush in the same place.

Waiting for next release.

Comment

Working...
                              X