How much do you love SONY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you love SONY?

Ok I just want you all to know that I do like sony in alot of the entertainment devices that they produce because they are of exceptional quality and at a resonable price, BUT there is one thing that I have found that pisses me off about what they do to some of the new cds to implement DRM...

Please read this before posting, Sonys DRM...

Hmm well the Sony your talking about must not be the same ones sold in America cause here most of them are crap :p

As far as Home entertainment surround sound systems they consistently score low marks.

In television production they still have problems with poor image quality when black and red are combined on the screen. Hency why Sony WEGA's are garbage and people still buy them for some strange reason.

As for the video game market, it took over 4 Sony Playstation revisions to get a working one in which the laser would not mess up. I've had 3 broken playstations where the laser would break and only allow you to play cd games and not dvd ones. Same holds true for all my friends that have had playstations and they've all had to replace one at least once.

No time to read the article you posted till tommorow cause its late here and need some sleep but I will comment on it as soon as I read it.
    Last edited by Xristaki; 02.11.2005, 08:14.

Comment

READ!!! that article as soon as you're back - it's worth it!!

I will better not comment on "Sony" in this case - i guess the
      article explain it all and no further comment from me is
      necessary here except that I would never ever buy such
      shit

Comment

Originally Posted by Xristaki
        Hmm well the Sony your talking about must not be the same ones sold in America cause here most of them are crap :p

As far as Home entertainment surround sound systems they consistently score low marks.

In television production they still have problems with poor image quality when black and red are combined on the screen. Hency why Sony WEGA's are garbage and people still buy them for some strange reason.

As for the video game market, it took over 4 Sony Playstation revisions to get a working one in which the laser would not mess up. I've had 3 broken playstations where the laser would break and only allow you to play cd games and not dvd ones. Same holds true for all my friends that have had playstations and they've all had to replace one at least once.

No time to read the article you posted till tommorow cause its late here and need some sleep but I will comment on it as soon as I read it.
        ok, WEGA's are crap, though all DLP projection TVs are crap.
        Sonys no exception.
        I have tryed a 150 dollar sony HTB and that sucked but again it goes back to the old saying, "You get what you pay for".

Now I have a 150 dollar pair of headphones by sony and they are great. I have a Sony NetMD player, great device no problems yet. I havent had the PS2 laser error ever, none of the people I know have had them... but I have heard of it. I own a PSP and I love it, Go watching videos while on a subway, I havent had any problems with the square button, which seems to be a common problem, as of yet. So with what I have purchased I am generaly please with most of the sony products...

Comment

What the hell are they doing? They've gone a bridge too far...
          Carpe diem

Comment

I agree, this is just a little heavy handed.
            I think I'll avoid letting any Sony/BMG CD's near my PC from now on.
            Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

After reading that article all I gotta say is wow. The fact they they stoop to these measures to prevent pirating is B/S. I'm starting to get really pissed off with this cause they are taking it too far. Their EULA doesn't even say that their installing backend stuff that can't be uninstalled.

First we got Starforce installing drivers into our system and now we got Sony hiding what could be classified as spyware. There companies are getting desperate and in doing so will eventually lead to a lot pissed off people. Theres a point where security is good but also a point where it becomes too intrusive. The simple fact that I can't make a backup of something I own with certain security protections is pissing me off lately.

Did you know that Starforce is reported to have problems with 1% of owners and they actually consider that feasible. To me 1% is a lot now a days. Instead of factoring in costs lost to pirating their factoring in losses caused by disgruntled legit buyers.

Did you also know the reason Rollercoaster Tycoon Wild has a huge bug where frames drop between 4-5 (yes I said 4-5) in night time mode is because of the Securom 7 bug they found. Atari themselves admitted it and they are working on a solution right now. Read their boards and you will find the atari employees post under the bug section.

This is all getting out of hand!!

Comment

I'm not suprised about this at all.
                But as Xristaki said, they are getting desperate.
                Originally Posted by Xristaki
                Did you also know the reason Rollercoaster Tycoon Wild has a huge bug where frames drop between 4-5 (yes I said 4-5) in night time mode is because of the Securom 7 bug they found. Atari themselves admitted it and they are working on a solution right now. Read their boards and you will find the atari employees post under the bug section.
                When thoes copy protections are affecting the gameplay in a bad way, that is just a sign of that they have gone to far.
                And it also shows that they don't care about their customers at all.
                Last edited by Methadon; 02.11.2005, 20:13.

Comment

Sad, amazing what companies are able to get away with. It is getting rediculous honestly.

I mean even with StarForce, there is nothing that tells you it will be installing drivers, nothing telling you on the box or manual that the game will contain StarForce, but yet as soon as you install a game ect,,, it then pops up saying, blah blah drivers installed, reboot?

I mean, there really should be regulation on things being installed without the users knowing, specially things coming from large companies.

What will be next? Companies allowed to destroy your system if they happen to think you machine contains anything illegal? Even without first proving it?

*sigh*
                  No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

I have found a web site dedicated to fighting all types of copy protection.

Freeculture.org

Comment

You know, I don't get it. Companies earn millions and millions dollars and yet they are still making products that have a protection that is annoying and, as said above, the products install drivers, that you don't know about until a warning window tells you, that there is something wrong. It has happened to me and it's annoying.

And the moviestars and singers! I mean, we have all seen how they live - from MTV's "Cribs", from VH1's "The fabulous life of..." and such. Now, tell me, that they are poor and that they don't make much! And still, the studios complain about MP3s and mobile phones that you can play MP3s on them. The music industries make about 5 billion $ a year, as far as I heard. So I listen music on my sell phone, so what? I should carry my original CD's everywhere I go or I could gather some songs that I like and listen to them?

And the hardware manufactures. Now, they can't complain but, from I read above, they are thinking more and more ways of preventing people from playing illigal game CDs. Well, you know what I mean . Ok, that is good, but when the quallity of those products(lasers and such) is poor, they may consider increasing the quallity and then other things.

That's why I love PCs. You can change parts and you don't need to take your PC to be repaird, you can repair it yourself and yon don't have to buy a new one, if something happens. You need to change the part and even, you could buy a better one .

Sorry, but i'm very sleepy so I may have writen something stupid .
                      It's my way or... ahhh hell, it's my way.

Comment

I wonder since when Sony started with this stuff. Is my Sony OpenMG Jukebox (a DRM forced recording software for a minidisc-player) a giant coffin without a closed lid? The "open"-part of the software's name becomes quite suspicious now.
                        The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

Sony BMG has released a patch know that removes the cloaking technology component, according to Sony BMG.
                          Last edited by Methadon; 03.11.2005, 12:49.

Comment

It's ashame that I'm forced to use OpenMG Jukebox just to put songs on my portable MP3 player. The MP3 to ATRAC conversion is a waste of time and disk space. Not to mention the inability to playback music in any other software such as Winamp.
                            the modern world:
                            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                              It's ashame that I'm forced to use OpenMG Jukebox just to put songs on my portable MP3 player.
                              That's still o.k. in comparison with the other direction. Unfortunately, you can only copy music tracks from a MD-player to the PC when these tracks were uploaded by a) OpenMG Jukebox and b) by the very same PC. Ridiculously, I can't record something with a microphone and my MD-player and copy it digitally on the PC - instead I've to use the analog line-in of the soundcard. That's pretty annoying, especially when you know that the tracks can easily be copied much faster than realtime... But hey, Sony owns the patent for the MD.
                              The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

Working...
                              X