Daemon Script/Tools Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Script/Tools Question

Is it possible to write a script to be used with an autorun menu, that would mount a disk image on ANY system, even if that system doesnt have a virtual drive such as daemon tools or alcohol already installed?
    Also what would be the correct way to mount an image to begin installing a program and then automatically mount the second image to complete the installation?
    Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by jethro32
    Is it possible to write a script to be used with an autorun menu, that would mount a disk image on ANY system, even if that system doesnt have a virtual drive such as daemon tools or alcohol already installed?
    No, that's impossible. Daemon Tools needs a low-level system driver for its virtual drive, you need to reboot after DT's installation (that's unavoidable), so you'll never be able to make a script that mounts images on a computer that doesn't have DT or Alc installed.

Also what would be the correct way to mount an image to begin installing a program and then automatically mount the second image to complete the installation?
    As I see it, this is impossible as well, because your script wouldn't know when to put in the second CD or which button to press after the second CD has been mounted (well, you could probably do that with a screen reader software, but that wouldn't be scripting anymore).

Sorry...
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

AutoIt

I disagree about the second point, NetSoerfer. See

I've written many scripts with that software.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
        I disagree about the second point, NetSoerfer. See

I've written many scripts with that software.
        Interesting, I didn't know about that software. I'll keep it in mind 'til next time somebody asks
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Well I haven't mentioned it till now, and I think people ask about automation about once a week. So who knows why I didn't mention it.

p.s. for anyone who cares, I do a lot of windows scripting.
          Last edited by Underheaven; 03.11.2005, 21:27.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
            Well I haven't mentioned it till now, and I think people ask about automation about once a week. So who knows why I didn't mention it.

p.s. for anyone who cares, I do a lot of windows scripting.
            Thanks for the help. Would you know off hand how to configure the script?
            I appreciate all your help

Comment

Writing the script would take time for you or for me. I don't happen to have anything off hand to show you.
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

au3 code

Code:
                ; Extract installer to temp dir.
                DirCreate(@TempDir & '\daemon401-64')
                If FileInstall('daemon401-64.exe', @TempDir & '\daemon401-64\', 1) Then
                    Run(@TempDir & '\daemon401-64\daemon401-64.exe')
                Else
                    MsgBox(16, 'daemon401-64', 'Installer not found', 5)
                    Exit(1)
                EndIf

WinWaitActive("DAEMON Tools 4.01 (AMD64)")
                Send("{ENTER 5}")
                Sleep(500)
                WinWaitActive("DAEMON Tools 4.01 (AMD64)" , "Completing the DAEMON Tools Setup Wizard")
                Send("{SPACE}{ENTER}")

Func OnAutoItExit()
                    DirRemove(@TempDir& '\daemon401-64', 1)
                EndFunc
                thats the easiest code i know. it leaves the toolbar so i guess it should be ok to post here.

Comment

Working...
                X