my cd/dvd rom drives are not listed under "device parameters"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my cd/dvd rom drives are not listed under "device parameters"

even though i see them under My computer..and also they are listed under my device manager.
    Can anyone help me please?
    Daemon Tools version 3.47

Im using Windows XP home, sp2.

thanks!

under Settings, drive letter:
    it lists from drives E: to drive Z:
    but what i want is drive D:
    i don't know what to do. i mean the drive is working properly and everything.. but that daemon tools doesn't seem to recognize it or something

Comment

Re: "Set device parameters" screen

The DAEMON Tools "Set device parameters" screen is only for changing options about DAEMON Tools' "virtual" (not real and thus changeable) drives. It won't let you change things such as Vendor, Model, nor Revision on your real optical drives.
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

my computer automatically names my drive names (C-F)..and i can't really change that. or at least i don't know how to. and then i also have awxdTools downloaded. so i right click on the file i want to mount.. and it shows drive's, but none of them is the correct one. it seems like Daemon tools doesn't recognize my cd/dvd rom.. but i know its working fine.

anyone know what i can do?? or whats wrong?
        or even how i can change the drive names (ex: from D: to G

thanks in advance

Comment

No, you can mount images to Daemon Tools virtual devices only.
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I think what he wants is to use drive letter d:, not the actual drive that's on that drive letter.

However, I don't know what the "Datenträgerverwaltung" is called in the english version of Windows nor whether it exists in Windows XP Home. Could anyone check and point him there in case it exists? That way he can change the drive letters.
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

to clarify
              my cd drive is D: and i want to mount an image to/on that drive. However i am unable to do that because daemon tools settings does not give me that option. It lists all drive (from E: all the way to Z but no D:
              So then when i try to mount something...its trying to mount something to a drive that doesn't exist.. and i get the error that says "Unable to mount image. Invalid image file."

Do I make sense?

also, emulation does NOT need to be turned on right?

Comment

OK, what you need to do is a 2 or 3 step process.

Open Windows Logical Disk Management console (there are several ways to get to this - Right click on My Computer and select Manage (but I am not sure if this is in XP Home), or Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management --> Disk Management (again, the Home caveat).
                1. Select the drive that is currently occupying the Drive D: slot (probably your Daemon tools drive) and Right click on it and select Change Drive Letter and Paths
                  • It will pop up showing you that it is assigned Drive D: - click the Change button
                  • Select a new drive letter (I typically assign my Daemon drives W-Z as I have all 4 of them - but these drives might be used for something else so select something that is available and far enough down the list that it will not interfere) - then click OK. Click Yes on the warning that pops up.
                2. Now that drive will have the new drive letter - which frees up D: for you to use for the external HD, which I believe you said was currently E - go through the exact same process and now the letter D should be available.

Optionally, you can now make the Daemon drive whatever other letter you so desire (this being the 3rd step).

Cheers.
                http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

im in disk management and i only see c: and f: (f: is my external hard drive)...
                  under daemon tools settings.. it only lists from g-z

im going to try uninstalling and reinstalling the program. maybe this would help

thanks for trying to help though!

Comment

you cant mount images to an actual drive. you need to creatre a virtual drive, assign that a drive letter, then mount images to that one.
                    i think thats the problem you're having. Daemon tools is used for fooling your computer into thinking that you have an extra drive. you then mount images onto this drive.

Comment

after i uninstall daemon too lite from my win 7 ultimate,

my DVDROM drive cannot be detected
                      when i was using DT lite, it only detected removeable drive in my computer screen..

Comment

Working...
                      X