Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have no idea what is going on, can anyone help me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no idea what is going on, can anyone help me?

I have an external harddrive that was drive E

Then I downloaded DAEMON Tools and that became drive E and my harddrive went to F

So now some of my programs won't run because they are trying to load from E:/Program Files, but that no longer exists.

Is there any way to change my harddrive back to E and the DAEMON Tools drive to F?

Execute Start -> Run -> diskmgmt.msc and assign the drive letters the way you want.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

External drive has changed

I am having a similar problem. I tried to change my external drive back to J, it nows shows K and my Daemon shows J but the drop down does not have a J on it and I can't change it back. I also have several items on "My Book" (J) that I can't use because the drive was changed. I am running Vista. Is there a solution for me? Oh, no pc guru here, just an old Gramie.

Thanks,
      Texasnexus

Comment

First change drive letter of virtual drive, then J: will be available again.
        Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
        Peace Through Power

Comment

no (J) in drop down

Hi. Finally able to get back to this. I tried to change the drive letter but there is no J to change it to.

Comment

Did you change the letter of your virtual drive from J: to another one?

Comment

I haven't a clue what I'm doing. When I go into diskmgmt.msc, I have :

FACTORY_IMAGE
              HP (C
              MyBook (K

At the bottom it shows Disk 1 as My Book (K
              Disk 0 HP (C FACTORY IMAGE (D
              Disk 2.....removable (F }
              Disk 3.....removable (G }
              Disk 4....removable (H } NO MEDIA
              Disk 5....removable (J }
              CD-ROM 0 DVD (E }
              My Book used to be (J......no J to be found. I wanted to change my book back to J and make the virtual drive K.
              If this a going to be a real problem, I'll just forget about it because I'm not very good on the pc.

Thank you,
              Terri

Comment

J: letter is occupied by Disc 5. Remove it OR change its letter to another one. Then J: will become free.

Comment

Sway. I am so sorry, disk 5 is I, I have no J. Maybe I should remove all that pertains to the game and DT and start over.
                  I need to get my eyes checked if that wasn't a typo, incidentally I have an appointment today!
                  Thank you for your help.

Comment

I didn't find an edit button so I wanted to say that it was a typo and I am still in need of help if someone has a solution, please advise.

Comment

Have you already tried to change the DT drive letter in Device Parameters - Virtual Devices | daemon-help.com
                      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                      X