Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plz Help a newb.

G'day.
    ok, i know how annying this must be for all you regulars, but i'm new to this, so hear goes... bear with me, and anything i'm doing wrong, any advice would be appreciated

I created an iso image of all 3 Rome:total war Cd's, mounted the first cd image in device 1:[F:], and it came up as if i had put the cd in the drive, then after selecting install game, it begins then comes up with a message saying
    1155: File F:\Rome - Total War(TM).msi not found. now, this might be a simple mistake, made by a complete fool, but any advice available would be most beaut!! thanx.
    this has been edited because my posts are not being displayed!!!

ok, thanks for replying so quik, i know this is going to sound extremely stupid, but Nero will only let me burn a data disc image using the .iso or .nrg file formats, and, it does not do it when i use the real cd, only when i tried to install it using a mounted image.
    Last edited by SON_of_Slaanesh; 05.11.2005, 13:44.

It seems like there is something wrong with your images.
    Try to create new images of the game, but this time create mds images not iso.

Comment

I assume this doesn't happen with the actual (real) CD?

What protection is this game using?
      To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Daemon Tools Game Database says SafeDisc 3.20.022.

Comment

What program did u use to make the images?

Comment

Originally Posted by Nikos
            I assume this doesn't happen with the actual (real) CD?
            ok, thanks for replying so quik, i know this is going to sound extremely stupid, but Nero will only let me burn a data disc image using the .iso or .nrg file formats, and, it does not do it when i use the real cd, only when i tried to install it using a mounted image.

Comment

Use Alcohol 120%!! to make the image.
              You could download a trial at
              www.alcohol-software.com
              Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by SON_of_Slaanesh
                Nero will only let me burn a data disc image using the .iso or .nrg file formats
                OK, you said that already.
                • Start Nero, and select the Image Recorder as the device.
                • From the "Recorder" menu, select the "Copy Disc" entry. A multi-tab dialog will pop up.
                • Enable the "On the fly" option in the "Copy Options" tab.
                • Go to the "Read Options" tab.
                • Select "User defined" in the "Fast copy settings" list.
                • ENABLE the "Ignore read errors", "Write defect sectors" and "Read sectors in raw mode" option.
                • DISABLE the "Read all subchannel data" option.
                • Click on the "Copy" button to start creating the image.

That should do it. Note that it can take quite some time to create the image, because of the "bad" sectors on safedisc protected CDs. The amount of time needed depends on the drive. Some drives can skip the errors in 5 seconds, some in 5 minutes, some in 5 hours, and others need a whole day.

If the image still won't work, try Alcohol. You can download a trial version, so you can test if it works. Alcohol, in contrast to Nero, is a dedicated tool for copying game CDs.

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
                  Use Alcohol 120%!! to make the image.
                  Nero should work just fine with Safedisc.

Comment

I had no problems with Rome: Total war. No emulation was needed.

Comment

firstly i'll apologize for any repeated messages i may have posted, secondly, it turned out to be the actual cd ROM i was using to burn from, it is an external drive and it is really temperamental, so i'm having to burn on one P.C and then move the ISO images over the network to the other P.C., so its slow going, but it seems to work, thank you guys for all your patience, i
                      f i have any more trouble you can be sure to hear from me again.....

Comment

Originally Posted by illuvarin
                        I had no problems with Rome: Total war. No emulation was needed.
                        Emulation is actually never needed. It's only for non 1:1 CD-Rs.

Comment

ok, so now it has installed the first cd, only when it asks me to 'insert total war disk 2' i mount image 2, but it just repeats the same messeage again?

Comment

Originally Posted by SON_of_Slaanesh
                            ok, so now it has installed the first cd, only when it asks me to 'insert total war disk 2' i mount image 2, but it just repeats the same messeage again?
                            Maybe it ain't cd 2 that you are inserting?
                            Did you mount it in the same drive that you had cd 1 mounted in?

Comment

Yes, i unmounted the first image, then mounted image 2 in the same drive but it doesnt seem to continue installing the game, but when i mount disks 2 or three without first installing the first one, it autoplays just fine, and i can access the entire cd in My Computer, so i know that it is reading the image, just not when i need it too....:-(

Comment

Working...
                              X