Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resetting Windows XP Pro Activiation after restart!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resetting Windows XP Pro Activiation after restart!

Hi guys

im no losty around Windows or generally comps but this is weird, i installed Daemon Tools, it asked for restart and i did so, But after it restarted windows Prompted me that "Activation has only 3 days left"... and when i tried to reactivate it said that i have "Exceeded the max number of usage ..."

Have i done something drastically wrong here that this happened? all i did was to install it after all.. please help (cause Daemon Tools is the only software for its purpose). thanx

Could you be more specific! What exactly happend?
    So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

Comment

Call the Microsoft phone number listed on the activation screen. The limit is only important imposed for non-telephone activation. Before you hang up, your computer will be activated and some Microsoft employee probably wouldn't have even yelled at you.

Comment

Hmm just activate it. I know this problem. It's just you have a hardware-security on your Windows XP OEM.... If you can't do it via Internet try phone. Then if it doesn't help wait a minute. You'll be connected with someone of the customer service. They'll ask you some questions and then you'll be connected to the last step.
        Well good luck

Comment

first of all "JoelEllison said: Before you hang up, your computer will be activated and some Microsoft employee probably wouldn't have even yelled at you." ... what on earth are u talking about?

i called Microsoft, and spoke to a customer service assistant and they gave me a new ID to activate with. and yes the problem is and was "hardware-security on your Windows XP OEM." as Dima_2005 said. i just wonder if i install Daemon-Tools again will it Deactivate again? does anyone know?

Comment

No it is only ones. You need to do this. Once you activated the hardware security dissappears.

Comment

Working...
            X