Serious(ish) suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious(ish) suggestion

Could we have a 'nuke all flaming, impatient whingers' button on the forum please ?

Some people drink too much coffee and/or should just wait for their christmas presents like good little boys and girls!

Keep up the good work guys - you deserve all the praise in the world !

Well, it's been going pretty easy in the forums since we restricted posting capabilities for new users... And those still too unpatient won't have their posts approved (and will be banned in case of extreme rudeness). It's quite alright lately, really
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
      Well, it's been going pretty easy in the forums since we restricted posting capabilities for new users... And those still too unpatient won't have their posts approved (and will be banned in case of extreme rudeness). It's quite alright lately, really
      I like this idea. It is unfortunate that you have to take such measures, but it should keep the spammers away (for 20 posts anyway).

Anyways, keep up the good work.
      -Evan C. Davis-

Comment

lol, i didnt even notice to me it seemed like my posts were going on immediately

Comment

Believe me, you are watched
          Carpe diem

Comment

Derek Smart ,way more Derek than Smart...

Well thats totaly cool ... i wonder what would happen if the function suggested in this topic,would be implemented at DEREK SMART'S forums?? :wink:

EDIT: emm Derek Smart=a bigheaded developer of BATTLECRUISER and/or UNIVERSAL COMBAT games
            Last edited by MindFever; 12.11.2005, 06:25.

Comment

Originally Posted by MindFever
              Well thats totaly cool ... i wonder what would happen if the function suggested in this topic,would be implemented at DEREK SMART'S forums?? :wink:

EDIT: emm Derek Smart=a bigheaded developer of BATTLECRUISER and/or UNIVERSAL COMBAT games
              I will just point out that moderated posts only works with smaller forums, like what we have here. To try that with a game forum, you would need a rather large team of moderators dedicated JUST to moderating new posts. That doesn't include the other moderators that would scower the forum looking for bad / off-topic posts.
              -Evan C. Davis-

Comment

simultaneous users

I guess we're lucky with 800-1000 simultaneous users. I think the number will go down after DAEMON Tools 4 has been out for a while. Does anyone remember the average user count from many months ago?
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

maybe some volunteer moderators would be an idea... i think many people are actually willing to help... and this would give the admins more time for the REAL problems

Comment

Originally Posted by SpudRo
                    Could we have a 'nuke all flaming, impatient whingers' button on the forum please ?

Some people drink too much coffee and/or should just wait for their christmas presents like good little boys and girls!

Keep up the good work guys - you deserve all the praise in the world !
                    Absolutely well said......some people want everything ...now.....for nothing....wheres my laser cannon!
                    ReBeLlIoN

Comment

Working...
                    X