Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion on translations support

Hello everyone,

I've made one of translations and would like to attract your attention to a problem I met. Among the resource strings there are the menu item captions for "Options->Language" submenu. They appear if there is more than one language DLL in "lang" subfolder and allow switching to another language "on the fly". However when I was trying to add a new resource string for the language I was developing translation for I always got the "Language DLL error!" message.
    Now I have realized what was the reason and verified it to mysef with simple experiment. It turns out that D-Tools compare the set of available resource strings in all the DLL's and if there is a mismatch, the error is displayed and the program does not start. This makes it impossible to correctly add a new translation which was not available in initial release without adding the resource string for new language name to all the previously released translations.
    So, my suggestion is for v4 release to have resource strings for all the LANGIDs regardless if there is a translation for them currently available or not. This will make it possible to easily add new languages and avoid conflicts with previously released translations.
Working...
X