Trying to install Daemon Tools - keep BSOD/Crashing... *cry*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to install Daemon Tools - keep BSOD/Crashing... *cry*

Now... before I start... I really, really, REALLY love Daemon tools.

Used to use it ages ago without a problem... know a bunch of Net Cafe's that use it... it works WONDERFULLY!! Great job guys...

*sigh*
    I'm just having trouble installing it - - I went back 3 pages of problems and see others have similar issues.

So I read them in full (all 4 or 5 posts for each one) and followed a few additional links and did some additional things in registry.

Everytime it gets to the end of the install it crashes...
    I've removed Device Driver/s with the yellow marks, removed Registry Entries from failed installs - - even went so far as to shut-down all programs I could so I'm running bare minimum for install.

Not working *sigh*
    I've given full permission to Admin/System in the two Registry areas that *whatever/Enum/ and *whatever*/Enum/root/*blah blah* spot.

So far - no go.

I'd REALLY love to use Daemon Tools but I just can't get it installed - - I got a install log created if you wish me to shoot it on over to support (I saw that posted in another thread here)
    Should I keep trying or just go and get Alchohol???? (I really dislike Alchohol so would LURVE to use Daemon Tolls if I can)

Since when do registry permissions cause a BSOD?
    Check if you've minidump (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to such BSOD/crash, if so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

FINALLY got it...

After posting I went through the other threads again...

Read a bit more, then saw an obscure reference saying to update ur drivers...

I updated my Video Card Drivers...
      Rebooted, re-ran D-Tools install...

It worked...
      *grumble*

Don't know why my Video Card Drivers would affect anything... but hey *shrug*

As for the Registry causing BSOD/Crash - didn't mean to imply it was, just meant to say that I followed instructions to give System Administrator Full access (to eliminate anyone suggesting that step).

Working a treat now!!!

Comment

Working...
      X