Install Message error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Message error

Hi I tried re-installing Daemon Tools after unistalling it and boy did it jerk around wit my computer, so fair the closes i got to installing it properly is this massive roadblock, been looking for the file which says i need to move or rename, but no luck cannot find it anywhere, this is the message n the file name :

'Cannot Create Directory
    c:\WINDOWS\Installer\{3DED3A72-61A8-4B87-98A5-EF0BC8038AA0} etc..'

please help me out =c

thanks =D

I used the forum search. This is a similar problem:

Comment

Originally Posted by JoelEllison
      I used the forum search.
      Ahh, at last, somebody who did....

Comment

that topic doesnt seem to hold the answer, problem is still occuring.....

Comment

What steps that were recommended in that thread did you try?

One of the linked MS KB articles has at least 3 methods outlined in it. Please give more details about your attempts.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

each time i try to install daemon tools 3.47.0 first it says the driver/miniport names have a conflict so i rename the, then this message pops up when i click next...
            Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

sorry for image size....
            Last edited by LoKo7; 24.11.2005, 13:34.

Comment

is there any way to just clean unistall any trances of a virtual drive existing on your computer without using system restore and formatting????

Comment

Ok, this sounds obvious but are you running with Administrator permissions? Have you checked the permissions for that folder and have you tried deleting that folder and then re-trying.

p.s. if you never installed DAEMON Tools 3.47 (without aborting the installation) you can just skip it and install the newest DAEMON Tools version: DAEMON Tools 4.
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

yeah, and unfortunatly i have install daemon tools before, this problem is so wierd and yet the most frustrating problem i have ever come across...if only that file appears and quit hiding somewhere even the 'search' option in windows cannot reach it

Comment

so is there any programs/ways of getting rid of any evidence of a virtual drive ever existing on ur comp without using reformating or system recovery??

Comment

Originally Posted by LoKo7
                      Hi I tried re-installing Daemon Tools after unistalling it and boy did it jerk around wit my computer, so fair the closes i got to installing it properly is this massive roadblock, been looking for the file which says i need to move or rename, but no luck cannot find it anywhere, this is the message n the file name :

'Cannot Create Directory
                      c:\WINDOWS\Installer\{3DED3A72-61A8-4B87-98A5-EF0BC8038AA0} etc..'

please help me out =c

thanks =D
                      You've to delete that folder, then try again.
                      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Right done all that stuff, deleting all evidence such as .sys files, regedit etc and good news.....gotto further so d-tools is installed however now getting 'Invalid Device' message each time i run D-tools + the stupid hardware wizard comes into to bug me even further, any suggestions???

Comment

UPDATE: Managed to get 3.47 installed however a virtual drive doesnt appear in explorer even though theres no error messages when i mount an image(Autorun doesnt kick in too)
                          I went to device manager and saw theres a unkown device: Generic DVD-ROM SCSI cdRom Device

Any ideas?

Comment

Does the Generic DVD-ROM SCSI cdRom Device have a yellow exclamation mark or red X on it?

Comment

yellow '?' mark, tried repairing through d-tools installation, still no help......know how to overcome this?

Comment

Working...
                              X