I have been 4 months here and only have 20 posts :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been 4 months here and only have 20 posts :(

Well, I do not speak much, I suppose. But well, the offtopic forum no increase my number of posts :/

Need chocolate and cry, sorry...

fyi: Your posts are counted in all forums. Your post count under your name sometimes takes (a few hours ?) or overnight to update to an accurate number.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Increasing Post Numbers to 1

I think that will be nice idea to give access to ppl when they have reached to Post #20. But I have to Post Here and There in order to reach the Limits. Maybe Asking When is the Release Date after reading all the stuff in the anouncement and forums.

The Logic Behind the rule needs some expansion pack. The rule is good itself. Just needs something to add to fill the black holes.

Suppose that I am just increasing my Posts, Nothing else.

Comment

it isn't important to get a lot of post.....

Comment

Originally Posted by chrashoverraid
          it isn't important to get a lot of post.....
          If you have less than 20 posts you can't send a pm!
          Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
            If you have less than 20 posts you can't send a pm!
            And you can't have an avatar.

Comment

I only have 18 for the moment.

Comment

Originally Posted by persiankitty
                I think that will be nice idea to give access to ppl when they have reached to Post #20. But I have to Post Here and There in order to reach the Limits. Maybe Asking When is the Release Date after reading all the stuff in the anouncement and forums.

The Logic Behind the rule needs some expansion pack. The rule is good itself. Just needs something to add to fill the black holes.

Suppose that I am just increasing my Posts, Nothing else.
                Where do you see the need of an expansion for the board-rules?
                Asking for releasedates btw. don't increase postcounts.
                Atm, we even accept offtopic-posts as valid posts.
                I really see no problem here to reach 20 posts - and people
                who frequently visit the board will reach it in short time.
                People who only visit the board every 2-3 month will not
                even miss the features of PM system and avatars. It also
                helps us to save a lot of resources and avoid the misuse of
                this board with warez-request

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                  Where do you see the need of an expansion for the board-rules?
                  People who only visit the board every 2-3 month will not
                  even miss the features of PM system and avatars. It also
                  helps us to save a lot of resources and avoid the misuse of
                  this board with warez-request
                  When ppl dont Post , It does not mean that they dont have question/problem. It Sometime means that they use Search Feature of the board and read the past posts in order to reach the answer. It also does not mean that they visit here on a monthly period. You know I am monitoring your site as well.

Reaching 20 Posts is very simple, Posting useless,Meaning less, Short questions. The rule is based on decreasing misuse. This way each user posts his first 20 possibilities very fast in order to reach the PM and Avatar.

Finally its not in my decission, You are the Admin. So Keep it the way you think it is better.

Comment

Well I no visit the forum every 2-3 months... maybe this no is my language, is a technical forum, I don't speak much... and other reasons. But well in other forums frequently visited for me is the same, 1 year visiting the forums and probably 100 or 200 posts... I look imposible for me make 100 posts in a month sorry . Is a miracle my count of 20 posts now .

Yeah, I have 20 posts now!!! ALELUHYAAAAAA!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Dochilt
                      Yeah, I have 20 posts now!!! ALELUHYAAAAAA!!!
                      Hmmm. Doesn't the rule enforce such posts in the future?
                      The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

Originally Posted by persiankitty
                        When ppl dont Post , It does not mean that they dont have question/problem. It Sometime means that they use Search Feature of the board and read the past posts in order to reach the answer. It also does not mean that they visit here on a monthly period. You know I am monitoring your site as well.

Reaching 20 Posts is very simple, Posting useless,Meaning less, Short questions. The rule is based on decreasing misuse. This way each user posts his first 20 possibilities very fast in order to reach the PM and Avatar.

Finally its not in my decission, You are the Admin. So Keep it the way you think it is better.
                        It IS better this way otherwise I already changed it back

Especially, as I don't see how it interferres with what you
                        said: people who only use search-function or post only rarely
                        can still use the board -> only restriction is that their posts
                        must be approved. How does that restrict them apart from
                        waiting for 1-2 hours? (mostly we approve even within minutes!)

Comment

Originally Posted by Nemerov
                          Hmmm. Doesn't the rule enforce such posts in the future?
                          Only as long as we tolerate them However, we don't plan
                          to add more restrictions, atm we think it is really ok - most
                          users will not even notice that they have restrictions here

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                            Only as long as we tolerate them However, we don't plan
                            to add more restrictions, atm we think it is really ok - most
                            users will not even notice that they have restrictions here
                            Well I noticed in the beginning that I couldn't have an avatar, but everybody else could.
                            But it didn't take me long to find out why, because I used the SEARCH FUNCTION!

Comment

The new website opened on 21.10.2005, I bet you could've had an avatar on the old site (you registered 12 days before the switch)? Or maybe I'm really confused.

Comment

Working...
                              X