Guest account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest account

I just got 2 Mails that many user are zero poster or have only registered without doing something.

How about a guest-login? I think something like anyone should be able to post something without registering for only one question.

I know the board could be spammed, but this could be prevent if the guest-login can post only 1 message within 1 hour or something.

I don't know if this suggestion is usefull because I don't know anything about this boards, so what do you think about it?

I can think of a few reasons not to have guest accounts:

1) Spam -> Even if ppl could only post once per hour, it would still get out of hand.

2) When reading questions, I sometimes like to see what else the user has posted. If they post shit, and have done so before, I will ban them.

3) Most of the zero post users, imo, have no intention of posting, they may think you have to register to view the board, or just want to register for the hell of it.

I think the solution to zero post users is to simply delete them after a period of one month.

Comment

Andareed is right, what can I add more?

If you wish to tell us something or need help, just register, it's free - otherwise register isn't neccessary. Beside this with a guestaccount I feel the illegal requests explodes here and the Supportteam is already spending enough time to keep the board alive. But thank you for your suggestion, even if we already decided not to implement such feature

Comment

My problem is that I'm honest, and thats what I await from all others too, but thats not reality.

Comment

My problem is that I'm honest, and thats what I await from all others too, but thats not reality.
          Indeed it's not the reality. You would be surprised what we receive sometimes

Comment

Working...
          X