Posting to increase Post Count *Wrong*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting to increase Post Count *Wrong*

I have seen this topic brought up in greater frequency lately and I just want to share some information to all the new forum signups.

Please do not post just to increase your post counts. Reputation on these boards has nothing to do with post counts, instead it has to do with the quality of the post. Post counts means literally nothing. I can say this right now, most of us who frequent this board a lot know the difference between someone who's got 10 quality posts and someone who has 100 junk ones.

The reason I'm stating this is because I'm starting to give the benefit of the doubt to all the questions being asked that simply can be answered by doing a post search. I'm starting to believe this is done in many cases just to increase your post count.

This isn't IGN and neither Gamefaqs people. Lets keep the boards clean and informative.

Originally Posted by Xristaki
    I have seen this topic brought up in greater frequency lately and I just want to share some information to all the new forum signups.

Please do not post just to increase your post counts. Reputation on these boards has nothing to do with post counts, instead it has to do with the quality of the post. Post counts means literally nothing. I can say this right now, most of us who frequent this board a lot know the difference between someone who's got 10 quality posts and someone who has 100 junk ones.

The reason I'm stating this is because I'm starting to give the benefit of the doubt to all the questions being asked that simply can be answered by doing a post search. I'm starting to believe this is done in many cases just to increase your post count.

This isn't IGN and neither Gamefaqs people. Lets keep the boards clean and informative.
    That is very true but sometimes I find myself in the position that If you search you may not find what you are looking for. IE. up till a week ago a screen of DTv4 pro. That was definitly posted before but couldnt be found because of the board switch so, sometimes it my just be simpler to ask the question that to sift throw 25 pages of information on topics that have the words you searched in them....

Comment

there's a very simple solution, the boadr admin should turn the stupid counter off. what's the point of it anyway ??? to me it means jack!!!! in fact, if i see someone with hundreds of posts apart from a mod or such i think to myself:" here's another looser with no life, his opinions mean nothing to me"

who CARES how many posts someone makes ????
      and what's with those "buttons" as well ???
      what do they mean ??? because they mean nothing to me!!

Comment

Originally Posted by ß
        there's a very simple solution, the boadr admin should turn the stupid counter off. what's the point of it anyway ??? to me it means jack!!!! in fact, if i see someone with hundreds of posts apart from a mod or such i think to myself:" here's another looser with no life, his opinions mean nothing to me"

who CARES how many posts someone makes ????
        and what's with those "buttons" as well ???
        what do they mean ??? because they mean nothing to me!!
        Often new users will register to post needless posts or post asking about warez/pirate software. The DT Team/Forum Admins/Mods did this so they can "Moderate" posts. So anyone new to the boards after they make a post, has to be aproved before it will show up on the forums. This is just a precation to cut down on the ammount of illegal talk that alot of new users do. The limit on posts vs. PM ect.. is also to prevent new users from coming in and trying to send 500 PM's to someone asking for help. The Admins/Mods have enough to deal with atm with working on DT4, so this also cuts down on their stress. Sure it takes some time to look through new posts and approve, but it takes less time doing it that way then it does to sift through hundreds of posts already on the boards trying to weed out or close bad posts.

I find no problem with it, and honestly think it was a good idea. It also makes alot of sense the way they are doing it. Keeping this place clean and easy to find answers is something being worked on, and will get better once they have everything sorted.

They probably have many other reasons of their own for doing this, but I trust they mean well by doing things this way, at least for now with all the work they have to do atm.
        Last edited by Dllfile; 08.11.2005, 07:51.
        No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Originally Posted by ß
          if i see someone with hundreds of posts apart from a mod or such i think to myself:" here's another looser with no life, his opinions mean nothing to me"
          Does that mean I have no life now? Last time I looked I had one. It was even a good one, imagine that!
          To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nikos
            Does that mean I have no life now? Last time I looked I had one. It was even a good one, imagine that!
            I guess it means that I have no life either.

Comment

no, it only means that this is ß's opinion - and everyone
              is allowed to have his own thoughts about it.

However, I have a different view here. People who post
              frequently and help others (I mean not those ones that
              spam the board) are much appreciated. Almost every beta-
              tester was recruited from that usergroup. People that flame,
              rant, spam, ask for cracks etc. are at the complete opposite.
              I can assure you that we take a very deep look to every user-
              history before we f.e. promote someone to betateam or
              moderator. So yes - I'm thankfull for that "don't have a life"
              people They help us to keep this place a civilized discussion-
              platform.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                Almost every beta-tester was recruited from that usergroup.
                I thought that the entire DT team was made up of pals of Venom386, or from people he knew quite well. Does this mean the communication between the teams are via computers??

p.s. wot happened to the rest of the smilies

Comment

no, it only means that this is ß's opinion - and everyone
                  is allowed to have his own thoughts about it.
                  I know that it is just his opinion and I couldn't care less about it.

Comment

Originally Posted by al1uk
                    I thought that the entire DT team was made up of pals of Venom386, or from people he knew quite well. Does this mean the communication between the teams are via computers??

p.s. wot happened to the rest of the smilies
                    I meaned the latest betamembers that we included, f.e.
                    /Jackdaw and Underheaven and some others. So the
                    "almost everyone" was referring to the last new betamembers - not the "oldschoolers"

The coreteam know each other even in real life, but not all
                    betamembers are in our coreteam.

Well, I hope I find some time to "upgrade" the smilies

Comment

The coreteam know each other even in real life
                      You're avatar makes me guess that you're the eldest of the lot

Comment

So yes - I'm thankfull for that "don't have a life"
                        people They help us to keep this place a civilized discussion-
                        platform.
                        That's very nice to hear.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nikos
                          Don't worry I'm 4 posts away from not having a life appararantly either

Comment

Maybe a good idea something like points

Comment

Originally Posted by Xristaki
                              Don't worry I'm 4 posts away from not having a life appararantly either
                              Vampires don't have a life by definition!
                              To contact me privately, pray. I might answer.

Comment

Working...
                              X