scripting driveletters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scripting driveletters

does somebody know a way to make a script loading a image-file to a particular driveletter.

#D:\progra~1\d-tools\daemon.exe -mount 0,d:\image.ccd mounts the image file to a driveletter. But I want to assign a driveletter Q: when the image is mounted.

Is there a reason why you cannot simply let one of the virtual drives be Q? You may also find the program Dameonscript (see my signature) useful.

Comment

Dameonscript works perfect thanks,
      The reason we want to control the driveletter is: we want to use daemontools in a network (school environment);
      INSERT INTO `portal_posts_text` VALUES
      I know you can set a parameter to set a driveletter but we want to control what driveletter is used when Daemontools starts (without intervertion of the user)

We are using Novell snapshot to distribute the application

Example: we want to put in a script that: when mounting image ***.ccd driveletter T: will be used, BUT when image ????.ccd is mounting driveletter R: must be used.

I don't know if this is possible or not, but I hope so :wink:

Comment

You might try vdesk (see downloads section on daemon tools homepage). I believe it lets you create script files with conditionals and error return codes and even more.

Comment

Working...
        X