Point system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point system

What do you think of a point system. Like moderators or one special moderator reads the post and if it's a qualitty post, then you recieve a point. And then there's a good postcount without posts of blah blah.... or something like this.
    P.S: I can be that moderator

So you mean that the moderators should rate every post and then give them a point if it is a "quality post"?
    So what is a quality post and what is not a quality post?

Sounds like a really boring and strenuous job.
    I think that all people have something better to do than rating posts.

Comment

This would take many time.
      I think it's not required.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

OK then just a point system like with phpbb karma.
        So if you have a little post ( some words) you'll recieve less points then if you post a lot. And I'll like to see a quality post is or not. Quality post= if you have information in this post. And not a discussion.

Comment

Personally it is a waste of time - the mods already know who is posting relevant info / help etc, and doing this only add to the tasks that need to be completed on a daily / weekly / monthly / yearly basis.

EDIT: Added the following
          Dima got in there before I did.

Again, what is the purpose? *they* already know, and post 'karma' is just another bragging tool like post count - what *good* does it serve?

And I can achieve a very high post karma easily b/c I am not only very verbose but also because I tend to have a lot to say about certain subjects and I could go on and on about certain subject ad nauseum. As I just have.
          http://www.calendarofupdates.com | http://sevenforums.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Dima_2005
            Quality post= if you have information in this post. And not a discussion.
            How can you say that a post that contains discussion is not a quality post?
            I think that is a very important part of a forum, discussions and people's opinions.

It's not all about information and helping people.

Comment

Working...
            X