Help with the Harry Potter games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with the Harry Potter games!

Uh huh!! According to someone here, the Harry Potter games are known to use SafeDisk anti-copy protection!!

That's despite I didn't catch it by checking Device Manager and the Windows directories.

But strangely, The Prisoner of Azkaban wasn't mentioned!!

Has anyone been able to get these games working AND working properly?

Make a Image with Alcohol 120% (Safedisc 3 Profile (is Safedisc 2 Profile with reading subchannels)), mount it to Alcohol 120% or Daemon Tools and run Safedisc 4 Hider (use Google to find it, the game have Safedisc 4.6, it blacklisted Alcohol/Daemon Tools.). Then run the game and it should start.

If it is a DVD then check ignore read errors and then do the same as above.
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

HP 4 is Safedisk 4 protected. It's on CD or DVD.
      If it's on cd use the instructions of Blazkowicz.
      If it's on dvd make an image with all options disabled, in Alcohol. You can enable the first option (ignore disc errors) but it isn't required. For antiblacklisting use SD4Hider:
      cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_8.shtml
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
        HP 4 is Safedisk 4 protected. It's on CD or DVD.
        If it's on cd use the instructions of Blazkowicz.
        If it's on dvd make an image with all options disabled, in Alcohol. You can enable the first option (ignore disc errors) but it isn't required. For antiblacklisting use SD4Hider:
        cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils_8.shtml
        A-Ray 2.0.2.3:

[15:05:28 PM] Signs on CD/DVD indicate SafeDisc 2/3
        [15:05:40 PM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [2.06s] ---
        [15:05:59 PM] SafeDisc 2.40.010 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA Games\Harry Potter\System\HP.exe
        [15:06:02 PM] SafeDisc 2.80.010 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA Games\Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets\system\Game.exe
        [15:06:05 PM] SafeDisc 3.20.020 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA Games\Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban\system\hppoa.exe
        [15:06:09 PM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [2.21s] ---

Comment

I don't get this...I've created the image like you said, mounted and installed it, started and used the safedisc program to hide the drive but when I got to play the game all that happens is the cursor shows that it's loading for a few seconds and then nothing happens after that.

Comment

Originally Posted by RJARRRPCGP
            A-Ray 2.0.2.3:

[15:05:28 PM] Signs on CD/DVD indicate SafeDisc 2/3
            [15:05:40 PM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [2.06s] ---
            [15:05:59 PM] SafeDisc 2.40.010 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA Games\Harry Potter\System\HP.exe
            [15:06:02 PM] SafeDisc 2.80.010 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA Games\Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets\system\Game.exe
            [15:06:05 PM] SafeDisc 3.20.020 detected -> C:\Program Files\EA Games\Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban\system\hppoa.exe
            [15:06:09 PM] --- File(s) Scan Finished [2.21s] ---
            Thx and here for Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire

[12:39:34] Signs on CD/DVD indicate SafeDisc 2/3
            [12:39:43] SafeDisc 4.50.000 detected -> G:\DIAG.EXE
            [12:40:11] --- File(s) Scan Finished [24.06s] ---
            Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
              Thx and here for Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire

[12:39:34] Signs on CD/DVD indicate SafeDisc 2/3
              [12:39:43] SafeDisc 4.50.000 detected -> G:\DIAG.EXE
              [12:40:11] --- File(s) Scan Finished [24.06s] ---
              Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire?! Does that exist for a game?
              I hope it does! I can't wait to get it. Where did you get that from? I couldn't find it!!

Comment

Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire?! Does that exist for a game?
                Are you wondering if that game exists?
                In that case, yes it does.

Comment

Harry Potter [ EA Games ]

masterthemagic.com
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I hope it's at Wal-Mart shortly!!

Comment

I've had all the HP games including 4 and I've never had a problem....

Comment

I hope it's at Wal-Mart shortly!!
                        Good news, Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire is at Wal-Mart and I got it today!!!!

Comment

Warrning for 64 bit machines, safedisk daemon tools 4 and Goblet of fire dont mix. I never even got the thing installed.

Ok i tried to install GoF, mid install the pc rebooted itself. I lost all my favorite in firefox and firefox was currupted. I fixed the problem by unistalling and deleting the directory under doccuments and setings/admin/application data then reinstall firefox.

I opened up nero today and its said that i should get permission from my administrator by getting their little app for administrators to dictate nero burning rights. I got it off of nero's site, gave burning rights to everyone and restarted nero. Nero says i didnt give buring rights to everyone.(i was logged as admin too) I notice that only a virtual drive (i dont think its the daemon tools drive just the iso maker) is shown in neros drive choices and no other.

I try and burn the files in the explorer window, unfoutunately it does not recognize the disc for burning.(the write files to DVD option goes away when i put the disc in) But it does work for cd to be written in explorer.

I can still play DVD off of the drive but i cant write anything to it.

It also added a floppy drive... i dont have a floppy drive... i dont get it.
                          Last edited by Khan Project; 18.12.2005, 19:07.

Comment

Common Problems and Solutions / Nero 6 and DAEMON Tools 4

Khan Project, there's a known issue with Nero 6 and DAEMON Tools 4. It will be fixed in the next version. For now uninstall sptd.sys or use Nero 7. Please see this post.
                            the modern world:
                            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                              Khan Project, there's a known issue with Nero 6 and DAEMON Tools 4. It will be fixed in the next version. For now uninstall sptd.sys or use Nero 7. Please see this post.
                              Let the waiting begin! I dont really need it any time soon anyways.

But what was with my firefox when GoF tried to install? It cleaned out my localsettings file, making it blank. Im just worried about what else it cleaned out that i havent found yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X