BSOD on install, error 50(hex) in scsipost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD on install, error 50(hex) in scsipost

I saw this was a common problem in XP SP2. I am not alowed to post replies so I had to start a duplicate thread, sorry!

Sorry about the typo. I meant "scsiport" in the title.

I had it and have just solved it, so I hope this information is usefull.

The BSOD looks like the PC just reset itself unless you change the options so the PC does not restart automatically.

The screen gives a routine and an error number. My post is specific to scsciport.sys and hex error 50.

This error can happen for one of 2 reasons :-
    1) The game manufacturer played "dirty"
    2) There is a genuine driver conflict.

In my case I had a genuine driver conflict. I can say with 100% confidence that Silicon Image Raid driver is incompatible with Vn 3.47 !

I am not using Raid, so I just uninstalled the driver and everything burst into life.

There are other posts with better step by step instructions, so I have not put on any detailed instructions.

Hope this helps some people with BSOD.

How to determine if you have the same problem as me.

These instructions are NOT safe. These instructions are deliberately not detailed and apply to XP only. Read to the end of the post before starting. If you don’t understand don’t start !

1 Set a restore point.
    2 Download and attempt to install the trial version of Alcohol
    3 If you don’t get a BSOD, it’s not the same problem, Use system restore to go back to the restore point.
    4 Search the registry for the key vax347s
    5 Open the subkeys and find the one containing the dependencies. It will have a .dll name in one of the values and a {… …} in at least one of the others.
    6 Copy the {… …} value and start searching the registry keys again for {… …}
    7 Eventually you will find one with a description. If it just says scsi, as step 3. If it says scsi and … then you have another dependent driver
    8 Continue searching until you find a key containing the dll name. Make a note of this.
    9 Bring up services and find which driver it belongs to
    10 Use system restore to go back to the restore point.
    11 Decide if you need to use the hardware of the other (not scsiport.sys) dependent driver, if you don’t need to use it, uninstall it.
    12 Try installing DAEMON, If you still get a BSOD it’s not the same problem, Use system restore to go back to the restore point.
    Last edited by sceedy; 14.11.2005, 21:31.

Hiho out there!

I have to totally agree with sceedy!
    I had installed the VIA SATA RAID drivers. As I also do not use SATA or RAID on my machine. So I uninstalled the RAID drivers and you know what? It's working!! DAEMON TOOLS IS RUNNING!!!

...oh I'm so happy

hope this helps some of you out there! :wink:

Comment

How to determine if you have the same problem as me.

These instructions are NOT safe. These instructions are deliberately not detailed and apply to XP only. Read to the end of the post before starting. If you dont understand dont start !

1 Set a restore point.
      2 Download and attempt to install the trial version of Alcohol
      3 If you dont get a BSOD, its not the same problem, Use system restore to go back to the restore point.
      4 Search the registry for the key vax347s
      5 Open the subkeys and find the one containing the dependencies. It will have a .dll name in one of the values and a { } in at least one of the others.
      6 Copy the { } value and start searching the registry keys again for { }
      7 Eventually you will find one with a description. If it just says scsi, as step 3. If it says scsi and then you have another dependent driver
      8 Continue searching until you find a key containing the dll name. Make a note of this.
      9 Bring up services and find which driver it belongs to
      10 Use system restore to go back to the restore point.
      11 Decide if you need to use the hardware of the other (not scsiport.sys) dependent driver, if you dont need to use it, uninstall it.
      12 Try installing DAEMON, If you still get a BSOD its not the same problem, Use system restore to go back to the restore point.

Comment

Another user on the Alcohol Soft forums stated that he renamed his scsiport.sys file temporarily and was able to install Alcohol. Afterwards he renamed it back and everything worked fine.

Comment

Working...
        X