Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

Do customers get a special version without the installation option for the DAEMON Tools Searchbar? I'm guessing they get the same version as everyone else.
    Last edited by Underheaven; 14.11.2005, 13:41.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Yes, customers won't get bothered by such installation option. Yet another advantage and reason to register.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Sort of like paying protection so you won't break our knee caps?

After the delays, rude behaviour, and missing features, the adware is just the last straw.

Consider me a lost sale.

Comment

You can turn it off by Installation, you donґt must install it.

Correct me if im wrong.
        You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
        sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

Yes you can turn it off. However by continuing to use daemon tools you are encouraging them to continue to bundle adware into the product. If we, as customers, don't send a message to them now that we don't like adware then soon it won't be optional but mandatory. Adware is wrong. and spreading it is even worse

Comment

This is bullshit - this is something I would not allow.
            Beside of that: it is to support us - without paying
            for a license. If that's too much for you to deal with
            it - WE understood, why do you think that we included
            option to turn it off?

Really, I don't see any reason for ranting here.
            If you don't want it - just don't use it.

Where is your support until now? Is all you can contribute
            to us your "boycott this software because it's possible that
            MAYBE(!) one day it is hardcoded in Daemon Tools" ?

THAT is your support? You can surely do better than that.
            Blame us IF we bundle it with uninstallable Adware. If we
            remove the checkbox. But don't blame us now because
            we MAYBE will do so one day - you can boycott us then
            early enough. THEN I would consider your comments here
            at least as fair - but now, it is nothing but the try to
            discredit us. Regardless how much you hate adware:
            YOU ARE NOT FORCED to install it. It is btw not spyware.
            It is adware. It will not try to check your banc-accounts
            f.e.! Our searchbar is NOT spyware.

Comment

I think a better plan would be to give DT4 for free like you are now, but offer DT pro with the adware for free too. Just force the adware to install if someone chooses the free version of pro.

Comment

This whole thing about the adware makes me somewhat uncomfortable. If I hadn't done a paid registration before I heard about this for ver 4 I might have waited.

HOWEVER, since they have been so upfront about this, even including the information in the release notes linked from the front page, and allowing you to uncheck the installation of the toolbar, and have posted a bunch of detailed information in this forum, that makes me feel better about the daemon tools decision in general.

Comment

If you released a fully functioning, as promised, as specified version of Daemon Tools 4, then perhaps so many users wouldn't be finding swallowing this searchbar crap so hard.

It seems that the Admins / Daemon Dev. team simply aren't equipped to cope with critisim of their product. You've delayed us, you've released not what was promised, you've been vague on DT4's development and now your offering us to support you by installing a searchbar.

If you want support, and a product worthy of our cash, release what was promised and stop being so defensive of the DT product. Flame away. Your just digging a larger hole for yourselves.

Comment

Arguing Semantics

You are just using the same "semantic" like argument that adware companies use to justify why their invasive software is really "good for the consumer" rather than the malware that it really is. To see that from you just shows me how low your team has chosen to sink.

Of course, I should thank you. I charge $79 to do virus/spyware/adware cleansing from customers who have experienced first hand the problems and annoyances that malware like WhenU can cause on people's systems. Stupid programmers who think that this is the way to make a quick buck keep experts like me in business.

Comment

Originally Posted by LocutusofBorg
                      Regardless how much you hate adware:
                      YOU ARE NOT FORCED to install it. It is btw not spyware.
                      It is adware. It will not try to check your banc-accounts
                      f.e.! Our searchbar is NOT spyware.
                      Unfortunately, legitmate Adware (like what PKware and Opera did) has been tainted by the very unscrupulous practices of the spyware companies in recent times.

Since the Daemon-Tools Adware is fully and clearly disclosed and it's easy to opt out or uninstall, I think that few people *should* have a problem with it, but given the general impression of Adware as spyware, I think you'll run into a whole lot of such complaints.

Also, if I were impacted (since I registered, the adware does not really apply to me), I would have to do some research before trusting WhenU.

Unfortunately, you're between rock and a hard place - since so many people are expecting more features from you for free, you will get complaints no matter what - even if there was still no Adware option, people will complain that you didn't implement this or that. Personally, I think you probably should have moved to a more common shareware scenario by time-limiting the free download; but I certainly don't know all of the ins and outs of what drives your decisions.

And, boy, would you have had millions of howling rants...

Anyway, enough to this ramble.

Comment

thoughts

Doublepost. Sorry
                        Last edited by DarthTyranus; 16.11.2005, 22:06.

Comment

hey guys,
                          the people from daemon tools just make some money from adware
                          this great piece of soft is deserve to be payable but it's free!!!
                          i think they are very tolerant people when i see option to disable this adware
                          they deserve to make some money

Comment

@LocutusofBorg
                            you are right with your Post,
                            noone MUST use this, but it would be very nice, IF much User will using it, because it is the only Way without paying to assist you and your Product.
                            So Daemon tools will be perhaps Freeware for a long Time
                            So for me, there is no Problem to install this Searchbar, its for me a good Way to support you.
                            Sorry for my bad english, i am a german User

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered
                              Yes you can turn it off. However by continuing to use daemon tools you are encouraging them to continue to bundle adware into the product. If we, as customers, don't send a message to them now that we don't like adware then soon it won't be optional but mandatory. Adware is wrong. and spreading it is even worse
                              If you were a customer you didn't have to worry about adware, cause it isn't in the customer version.

The main problem here as i see it is that you think the world is here for you only.

But please clarify for me...What rude behaviour are you talking about and which missing features are you talking about ?
                              Grenz
                              Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol

Comment

Working...
                              X