Wrong Disk Inserted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Disk Inserted

whenever I mount anything to a virtual drive, it won't let me play it. For example, I mounted empire earth II and whenever I double click on the drive under my computer, it brings up the autorun screen, but whenever I click play, it tries to access my actual cd drive and it says "Wrong disk inserted". It's like that with anything I mount. Any ideas?

What software did you use for creating those images?
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I have clone DVDs I made with Alcahol 120% for The Movies and also for Civ IV and I get the same thing. It works if I use SD4hide and S7stop respectively but I thougth the whole reason for this version was to make it so the "no cd" cracks wouldn't be necessary

Comment

same prob

hey i just got daemon tools 4 and when i mount any securom 7 or safedsic 4 image they tel me the same error insert the correct cd
        so isnt it supposed that dt 4 support this kind of protection or should i use other affilities with it??

i dont want my original cd to be scratched
        Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
        MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

Originally Posted by yacbos
          hey i just got daemon tools 4 and when i mount any securom 7 or safedsic 4 image they tel me the same error insert the correct cd
          so isnt it supposed that dt 4 support this kind of protection or should i use other affilities with it??

Doesn't anyone read the realese notes?
          You will need to unplug your IDE drives, either with SFN or manually.
          Last edited by Methadon; 15.11.2005, 16:53.

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
            I have all serial ATA drives no IDE whatsoever and I still get the problem

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
              dude wake up you said it yourself SFN is for star force portected games not securom 7 and safedisc 4
              Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
              MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

Right sfn is also used for SF Games.
                But DTv4 is a new program so sr7stop doesn't work with it.
                So you've to deactivare your ide-drives for example with sfn if you want to play some sr7 games.
                This is because of the scsi blacklisting, all scsi controllers are blacklisted, if they are real, too.
                So if there isn't any ide drive if you want to play and there's only the one scsi drive, the game will accept it.
                DTv4 isn't blacklisted, yet.
                Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

dude wake up you said it yourself SFN is for star force portected games not securom 7 and safedisc 4
                  Ehhh, when did I say that SFN is only for starforce protected games and not sercurom and safedisc?
                  Stupiest thing I ever heard.

Comment

CD's are quite durable.....unless the production value has seriously decreased in recent time...I wouldn't worry about your CD's getting scratched. I've never lost a CD from damage from being in a drive too much.

Granted when the slip out of my hand, fall to the floor, and I roll over them with a chair is a different matter....

I know Electronics Boutique is pushing their 'CD/DVD Insurance' for your CD's and DVD's getting damaged by being in the drive too much....don't buy into that....

Comment

Originally Posted by Zyxthior
                      Granted when the slip out of my hand, fall to the floor, and I roll over them with a chair is a different matter....
                      Most people play multiple games, which requires swapping the media in and out. Things happen, like you mentioned above.

Arb

Comment

Originally Posted by ryonavin
                        I have all serial ATA drives no IDE whatsoever and I still get the problem
                        Ok just to clarify SATA is an interface for IDE equipment, there not alternatives to each other.

ATA: Advanced Technology Attachment
                        This is the standard connection and uses the Ribbon cables we proberbly all know too well

SATA: Serial Advanced Technology Attachment
                        The newest interface type, its faster than ATA and theres even a SATA2 which is faster again. uses the lovely thin cables, with the nice smaller connector to the huge strip!

IDE: Integrated Drive Electronics
                        This is any integrated Drive, (Hard disk/Cd rom/DVD rom ect..) An IDE device is connected either by SATA connections or ATA connections. You have a SATA IDE drive, its still an IDE drive.

Oh and just for reference:
                        SCSI: Small Computer System Interface
                        SCSI (usually pernounced 'Scuzzy') is different as it operates on a different BUS (The SCSI bus compared to the IDE Bus) and doesn't require the Processor to operate the SCSI bus controller and two SCSi hard disks can operate at the same time, IDE drives having to take turns. (Bus is the thing that links your HD's to the main memory)

But in saying that you could go into your bios and make sure your Drive Channels are set to "SATA only" and not SATA/ATA. Maybe... its ATA thats stopping it, tho i doubt it...

Comment

I've found that even with the power pulled from my optical drives it doesn't always mean dt4 will work with safedisc 4.

Comment

Originally Posted by TigRon
                            Ok just to clarify SATA is an interface for IDE equipment, there not alternatives to each other.

ATA: Advanced Technology Attachment
                            This is the standard connection and uses the Ribbon cables we proberbly all know too well

SATA: Serial Advanced Technology Attachment
                            The newest interface type, its faster than ATA and theres even a SATA2 which is faster again. uses the lovely thin cables, with the nice smaller connector to the huge strip!

IDE: Integrated Drive Electronics
                            This is any integrated Drive, (Hard disk/Cd rom/DVD rom ect..) An IDE device is connected either by SATA connections or ATA connections. You have a SATA IDE drive, its still an IDE drive.
                            He's right. SATA is basically just a newer version of IDE, which has replaced PATA IDE for the following reasons:

PATA has a maximum interface burst bandwidth of 133 MB/s.

It also has a narrower interface cable. So there's probably more room in the PC case.

SATA has 150 MB/s for the maximum interface burst bandwidth. SATA II (I believe that's what it's called, AFAIK) probably has more.

Comment

Working...
                            X