DT4: SPTD error on install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT4: SPTD error on install

I removed daemon tools 3.47, rebooted and started DT4 installer.

It asked me to install SPTD SCSI stuff, I clicked on yes and it asked me to reboot. I did it.

Back to desktop it auto loaded DT4 installer and asked me again to install SPTD SCSI stuff, I said yes again and it gave me an error.

I was thinking that it was some sort of emulators incompatibility so I uninstalled Alcohol 120% and did a reboot.

System hang on the blue xp screen that says xp is going to reboot. I had to use reset button.

Upon restart, system passed the XP logo screen and hang up on a black screen with just my mouse cursor on it.

I waited a few minutes, HD lights were on, and after more minutes without any HD activity I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and I had something on applications tab, probably daemon tools 4 install folder and I closed it. System started normally.

I checked my event log and the following error shows up:

My system config:

Athlon 64 FX 55
    2GB ram
    Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
    Only one optical drive on it: LG DVDRW GSA-4160B

Using latest nvidia chipset drivers (6.70) and also latest bios.

Thanks a lot for providing this great proggie.

Chris

It seems SPTD driver has some compatibility problem on your system. Please provide more details on your operation system
    and software installed to help resolve this issue.

Comment

Daemon Tools Bug Report

hi, it's very simple !!!!
      goto registry editor and search for SPTD & delete all the values
      (you must change the premission of some of values that could not be deleted )
      then restart and install the new deamon

good luck

Comment

Working...
      X