DT4.0 and a few protections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT4.0 and a few protections

I uninstalled DT3.47 which was a bitch because it left a messed up crap that I had to remove myself (drivers, devices etc.), then I installed DT4 which to my surprise is way worse than 3.47, I tried it on StarWars Battlefront 2 and Matrix Path of Neo, both the games are protected by Securom 7 new and both run normally from my real drive and worked fine with dt3.47 with sr7stop and antiblah but when I installed it from dt4 it gave me on both a different error like "please insert the original disk into your cd/dvd-rom drive E: (which is my real drive letter)" sr7stop and antiblah no longer have any effect on dt4. Then I thought to try a game that has a different protection so I installed GUN which has safedisk4 but no difference there it gives me the "insert the original cd-rom in the drive and try again". So I am wondering what the hell did you guys do in 6 months because it's obvious that it wasn't fixing the blacklists. Perhaps it's just me because the 3.47 left a crap in my system and dt4 just happen to stumble in it and wasn't able to do it's work correctly.
    The last of the best, the death of the rest. Hitman Forever...

So sr7stop doesn't work anymore and isn't required.
    You only have to disable your ide drives in device manager and you can play without any other tools.
    That's because of scsi blacklisting, so every scsi controller is blacklisted doesn't matter if real or not!
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

If you would have read the release notes you would know that IDE jammer will come with next version...
      and SecROM7 doesn't work from SCSI-Drives without IDE-Jammer (and virtual drives are SCSI-Drives... only DT Pro will even get an IDE-Virtual-Drive)..

Btw. DTv4 was completely re-written and because of that it is clear that old-programs don't work for DTv4 anymore, if they are not designed for DTv4 ... and you problem is not a blacklisting problem... it is just that many new protections just don't run from SCSI-Drives - therefore IDE-Jammer will come...

To sum it up:

- NO IDE-Jammer atm - we are working on it! No ETA for it - it's done when it's done!

Again: This version is an "in between" step to fix latest issues not only with protections but also many other issues and installation-problems. We work hard to release soon next update!
      I feared that this would be happening: people just don't read the release notes although it is written clear and BOLD on the first site that you should do before downloading...

Btw. have you de-installed other programs that might be blacklisted like Alcohol 120%? Because if not, it is useless to use DTv4... although I believe in your case (SecuROM v7) it is more the thing that SCSI drives are not allowed for SecuROM v7 if IDE-Drives are present... that is why there will be coming an IDE jammer...
      Last edited by ghost_zero; 15.11.2005, 19:11.

Comment

Yeah sorry that was my bad, I apologize for not reading the whole thing and instantly understanding that I have to disable my real drives in device manager, I did it it worked for Securom7 I haven't tried it on safedisk 4 yet but I guess it should work. However Starforce still doesn't work, I mounted my old image of Splinter Cell CT and it didn't work, I mean it didn't even ask me to restart the system it instantly gave me the error, the image is 100% ok made with alcohol and it is strage because it generally asks me to restart the system after installation but now it didn't any thoughts on this? perhaps it is because I have the old starforce drivers installed, and I should uninstall them first with sfclean then install the game again.

Comment

Hey thanks, I was wondering why Securom7 stuff still wasn't working, didn't know all I had to do was disable my drives in device manager. And inorder for Splinter Cell to work you one, when you rip the original disk with alcohol you also have to rip the DPM Data. And someone on another board said you had to replace the .mds with a mini-image .mds they have at *****. And disabling the drives in device manager may not work with starforce at least splinter cell anyways I hear you actually have to physically unplug them. But Disabling them in the BIOS might work too.

Edit by NetSoerfer: Please don't mention websites offering cracks or warez, even if you're only using them to download mds files.

Comment

Using the Windows built in device manager won't work

Using the Windows built in device manager won't work. You need to unplug them (either power cable or IDE cable) or use a software tool like Starforce Nightmare.

p.s. Removing older Starforce drivers won't hurt, heh. Then you can install the game again then visit the Starforce website to get the official driver updater (in case your game disc doesn't have the newest version).
            Last edited by Underheaven; 16.11.2005, 03:16.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

unplugged IDE devices equals NO hard drives

Originally Posted by Underheaven
              Using the Windows built in device manager won't work. You need to unplug them (either power cable or IDE cable) or use a software tool like Starforce Nightmare.

p.s. Removing older Starforce drivers won't hurt, heh. Then you can install the game again then visit the Starforce website to get the official driver updater (in case your game disc doesn't have the newest version).

I'm not exactly what you mean by "you need to unplug them". If you unplug your IDE devices, most of us won't have any hard drives. Or, if you are me and use a laptop, its not quite that easy.

I've been reading the forums and it looks like the only way to get by some copy protections is to make your IDE devices invisible? Is that an accurrate statement?

If that is accurrate then you may want to just uninstall the device driver while in device manager. If you uninstall the IDE devices, they will continue working (i know it sounds wierd) but when you reboot the plug and play will just reinstall them.

Comment

ide drives disable

Originally Posted by AnalCobra
                So sr7stop doesn't work anymore and isn't required.
                You only have to disable your ide drives in device manager and you can play without any other tools.
                That's because of scsi blacklisting, so every scsi controller is blacklisted doesn't matter if real or not!

just a question about that
                disable your ide drives you mean go to cd/dvd drives and disable each one of them
                or goin to ide/atabi devices then disabling the channels???
                Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
                MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

Unplug IDE drives only refers to the optical IDE drives, i.e. CD and DVD drives.

For some games, just disabling the optical IDE drives will suffice; however there are some games that still find them afaik. For those you'll need either StarForce Nightmare or to unplug your drives' power cable.
                  "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Ok I got SCCT working I did it like this in starforce nightmare:
                    1. Disable node
                    2. Disable CD
                    3. Disable node again
                    4. My first optical and second optical drive (CD/DVD ROMS) were both on the same chanel the secondary one so i clicked Sec. Master CH OFF ,Sec. Slave CH OFF
                    5. Start game
                    Well it worked unfortunately I am now on a new fresh installation of Windows XP because... you guessed it SF Nightmare fucked up so I don't recomend it to anyone. Just open your computer case (in case it isn't in waranty anymore), in device manager disable the drives then shut down the pc unplug your power cables from any CD/DVD drives, start windows again and play the game, it would be better if you have a rack case cuz you don't have to actually open the case. Still waiting for the IDE jammer which seems the best option. And one more thing I am wondering if you can set in the bios in cmos options the ide chanels who are used by the optical drives to NONE, will that work for starforce? awaiting responses if any.

Comment

Originally Posted by IcarusV2X
                      Ok I got SCCT working I did it like this in starforce nightmare:
                      1. Disable node
                      2. Disable CD
                      3. Disable node again
                      4. My first optical and second optical drive (CD/DVD ROMS) were both on the same chanel the secondary one so i clicked Sec. Master CH OFF ,Sec. Slave CH OFF
                      5. Start game
                      Well it worked unfortunately I am now on a new fresh installation of Windows XP because... you guessed it SF Nightmare fucked up so I don't recomend it to anyone. Just open your computer case (in case it isn't in waranty anymore), in device manager disable the drives then shut down the pc unplug your power cables from any CD/DVD drives, start windows again and play the game, it would be better if you have a rack case cuz you don't have to actually open the case. Still waiting for the IDE jammer which seems the best option. And one more thing I am wondering if you can set in the bios in cmos options the ide chanels who are used by the optical drives to NONE, will that work for starforce? awaiting responses if any.

Well i tried it with X3 Reunion to disable the IDE channel in BIOS, but the only option i have is "not installed", but it didn't work because Windows just recognised my DVD..also when i disabled the IDE channel in windows starforce protection asked me to place my disc in another drive.. Athough i read on the official starforce forum that it is possible to do it this way but you need to have a MB where it is possible to diable the IDE channels completely in BIOS.. my MB is a ASUS p4c800e-d so it did not work..
                      However, i tried DT4 with X3 Reunion and it only works when i unplug my drive (power cord only).. also updating the game with new patches works and runs on DT4 (all emulation enabled)

Comment

well hoping so sfn F**ks the computer always got some registery probs cuz of it but there is no other choice to play
                        Yossef A. Ben Mikhail
                        MCSA MCDST

any mevin ivrit.

Comment

Ok so instead of waiting for a response I tried it myself:
                          1. Disabled drives in device manager
                          2. Restart
                          3. Enter bios mode
                          4. Cmos option
                          5. Ide Secondary Master
                          6. Set from Auto to none
                          7. Ide Secondary Slave
                          8. same as 6
                          9. Exited bios saving the changes
                          10. Re-Entered again in bios to see that in CMOS instead of saying Ide master/slave : (the names of my cd/dvd roms) is now showing NONE instead of their names
                          11. Entered windows and checked device manager -> IDE ATA/ATAPI -> Instead of having general independent controlers i have nforce 2 controler which takes care of both the chanels and gives extra options like changing the transfer mode -> secondary ide-> both master and slave didn't have any transfer modes anymore at all.
                          12. Installed SCCT SF 3.4 protected game from 100% working image.
                          13. Nothing, nadda, zero, didn't work

Comment

Well I just realized Starforce Nightmare doesn't work with starforce at all. But Starfuck v0.83 Does! And all I had to do was open it and select starforce v3.4.x.x and select disable cd-rom drives and bam, been playing splinter cell 3 for a couple hours now even was able to update the game and starforce drivers and it still worked!

Comment

Ok so let me get this straight you used Starf**k 0.83 with Starforce 3.4.what profile exactly 3.4.63.2 or with 3.4.49.x?
                              I tried it with 3.4.63.2 and it didn't work, didn't try it with 3.4.49.x. Did you also patch the blacklist before applying the disable cd command?

The only way I could run it I described it earlyer and it was a horrid experience which will never repeat again . I also almost lost 160gb of data that I had on one of the drives no doubt because SFN screwed with the nforce 2 controler and it turned the first bytes in the first cylinder to 75 which is EZDrive and in Windows XP is recongized as Unpartitioned space, all I had to do is change it back to 07 which is NTFS file system.

Comment

Working...
                              X