Why no love for x64?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why no love for x64?

I realize that with all the bitching and whining, I might hit a nerve here, but you can't deny the validity of my question:

Why did DT4 suddenly scrap one of it's most anticipated features: x64 support?

I'm not going to lie; I'm no programmer. I do, however, understand that there is a fair bit of work involved with making a program like this, and especially when x64 support is concerned. I understand that there are delays and difficulties.

But truth be told, I've been waiting for DT4's release very patiently (i.e. Not bitching like an ass when it gets delayed, because I understand that shit happens) only to find out on the day of it's release that you've nixed the feature that I, and a fair number of other people, have been waiting for!

The x64 community has been waiting for a decent virtual drive program for some time now (FantomDVD doesn't count because it's a piece of crap, and you know it). Please tell me that my patience hasn't been in vain.

DTv4 i386 and DTv4 x64 are two separate programs. The x64 version needed some more testing so we delayed it lest it destroy some of our users' XP installations.

We hope to have it released by the end of the week.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I was fearing you guy would pull a "err... uhhh... future release... yeah... future..." on me. It's good to know you're working on it, and I'm sure I speak for many a x64 user when I say that I appreciate the effort you are putting in to it.

Despite my impatience, I'd rather deal with a delay so that I can use a finished product than deal with a half-finished rush job.

Comment

thank you

Thank you for the upcoming x64 release. I just registered today for the forums (so I haven't been bitching) but been waiting patiently. I appreciate all of your hard work.

Sean

Comment

Working...
        X