XP don't switch to standby-mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP don't switch to standby-mode

I am running 3.29 on Windows XP Home Service Pack 1.
    As long as there are mounted drive(s) XP don't switch to Standby-Mode. Also everytime i start the pc, the mounted drives do 'autostart'.

Vauteer

I'm running winxp sp1, and standby works great (with or without mounted drives). Perhaps something is strange with your power managment?

Comment

The power managment seems to be ok. I had Virtual CD running before and there standby work, also the mounted cd's don't start automatic when the pc is powered on.
      Do you have any idea what could cause this autostart.

Comment

I have no idea why you get problems with standby. Maybe another member can help you.

As for your second problem of automounting. What do you mean they don't autostart? They aren't supposed to autostart. They should only auto-mount (ie, remain mounted in the drive).

Comment

maybe u have some problems with Plug&play? Do your physical CD-ROMs also autostart after reboot?
          A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
            As for your second problem of automounting. What do you mean they don't autostart? They aren't supposed to autostart. They should only auto-mount (ie, remain mounted in the drive).
            When I have a image mounted and restart the pc (automount = true) then the image is mounted, that is ok. But the mounted image(s) also perform a autostart and that is not supposed, isn't it ?
            For example: I have the warcraft3 cd mounted, when i restart the pc i always got the setup-screen of warcraft. With the physical drive autostart is only performed if i lay in the cd, but when i restart the pc, the cd don't start.
            Sorry for my bad english, I hope u understand me now.

Comment

Originally Posted by NeTsurFer
              maybe u have some problems with Plug&play? Do your physical CD-ROMs also autostart after reboot?
              The physical Drives works normal(no autostart).

Comment

is there any hint in you system logs that states error with standby or system devices?
                A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.

Comment

If your image is on the netwirk then in NT/2000/XP is will always autostart
                  by design, because mounting is performed only after shell fully starts and user logons. Or your images are local?

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
                    If your image is on the netwirk then in NT/2000/XP is will always autostart
                    by design, because mounting is performed only after shell fully starts and user logons. Or your images are local?
                    Thx you got it, i had the images on the network. Now i copied them to a local drive and also standby works again

Comment

I have tried this behaviour with images on network under 2 Win2000 Pro-Systems. One did the same as my XP, but the other don't perform a autostart ! So there is perhaps a possibility to control this.

Anyone an idea how ?

Comment

Maybe it is because network files are open. Does XP display some error when you try to go to 'Standby'?

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
                          Maybe it is because network files are open. Does XP display some error when you try to go to 'Standby'?
                          Manually I can go without error to standby, only the auto-standby don't work.

Comment

Originally Posted by Andareed
                            I have no idea why you get problems with standby. Maybe another member can help you.

did anyone find a solution to the auto start??
                            I have a Linux box and I am running an FTP server from it and log in to the ftp and mount the images. All of this when I boot up my computer which is running XP Home Edition. I have 4 images mounted and all four of them show the splash screen for install or play. Someone told me that there was a fix to this in the registry, to prevent the autostart after the mounting of the images. And he directed me to these forums. This is the closest recognition to my problem, but maybe someone else has already posted a fix that I missed.

I would appreciate any help you can give on this, thank you in advance.

Comment

Try tweakui which is part of power toys for windows xp.

Comment

Working...
                              X