Securom 7 > DT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Securom 7 > DT4

Sorry guys but the securom emulation doesnt work for 7. I'm trying to play matrix:path of neo and it keeps telling me to put the disk in another drive. I was able to play just fine on 3.47 with SR7.Stop, im going to switch back to 3.47. Also, i don't see starforce emulation, in fact 4 looks identical to 3.47. What's up here guys?

Emulations are only needed for (non-perfect) CD-copies. For images, the right emulation will be chosen automatically.

Furthermore (and as has been stated very often since DTv4 was released) DTv4 is still SCSI based and as such will need an IDE jammer for the latest copy protections which block all SCSI drives (virtual as well as physical) if there's an ATAPI (= optical IDE) drive in the system. I recommend StarForce Nightmare: Click Disable CD and run the game. If it doesn't work, click Enable CD again to restore your drive.

Then try the following (in that order):

Disable Node
    Disable CD

If you're done playing the game (again, in this order):

Enable CD
    Enable Node
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

You also can deakctivate the drives in Device Manager.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Disabling the drives with sfn doesn't work for me.
        Matrix: path of neo with the patch installed asks me to put the cd in another drive if I do not disable my IDE drives. If I disable them I get the " a required security module is not...." error. Something tells me the same is going to happen when I try FEAR 1.02.
        Any ideas?

Comment

well..

I refure to use starforce nightmare because it has been a nightmare on my system... besides months ago the devs promised a starforce emu for 4.0....remember?

It's just frustrating to have to disable your cd drives, it's inconvienent and pretty much defeats the point of using images (the convience). It's not really worth the trouble to get around starforce, i wish i wasnt the only one boycotting it... after the first game i bought with it, i refuse to do it again.

On a good note, DT4 runs damn smooth.
          Sucks the ST3 emulation didnt come through.
          Securom 7 is the same, if you disable your cd drives in the device manager and use SR7.STOP 1.1, you can beat path of neo, havent tried fear yet....

Comment

SFN works for SecuROM 7, but you will need to exit SFN before running the game. Seems like SecuROM 7 blacklists SFN.
            So to play a SecuROM 7 game, you need to do the following:

- Mount your image
            - Startup SFN
            - Click Disable CD
            - Quit SFN
            - Run game

After playing, just start SFN again and click 'Enable CD' and you're done

Comment

Working...
            X