Very Pleased With V4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Pleased With V4

Version 4 is exactly what I thought it would be and exactly what the dev team said it would be.
    All my StarForce protected clones work great with DT4 and SFNightmare. It is SO much better than using the unstable SFcure.
    SafeDisc4 and Securom 7 work also just fine but w/ SFNightmare instaed of SD4 Hide and SR7.Stop.

What more did anyone expect? It was said long ago that the IDE plugin would come after the release of Version 4.. It is common knowledge that StarForce, Safedisc, and Securom Blacklist ALL SCSI drives. So untill the release of the IDE plugin we will have to use SFNightmare, no surprises there.

As for not being able to use SD4 Hide and SR7.Stop, they were designed for Alcohol 120% Build 3105 and DT 3.47 and prior versions. It was never stated that SD4 Hide and SR7.Stop would work with DT4.

So I will happily use SFNightmare for a little while untill the IDE plugin is released.

Wont work for me

Comment

I am very dissapointed. V4 failed to load Q4 & Civ4. I uninstalled, went back to V3.47 and they worked perfectly.

Comment

Im sure all thats great, what i want is the X64 support.

Anyone know when its coming?? I thought it was V4...but guess not.

Comment

Yes its great and anything, but why they want to release a half made version of the DT4? I still can't use my starforce backups even with SFNightmare (well not all of them), so sadly DT4 no use for me And I have to use Alcohol with Securom7 pretected backups, because SF7stop doen't work with DT4 anymore...
          I expected at least the Securom7 and SafeDisk4 protected backups will work without any additional programs (stop or hide)...

But keep up the good work, maybe the next version will be better

Comment

I've never had any joy with SFN so i'll stick to 3.47 for Securom and Safedisc for now. Does anyone know if SFN is XP only that would explain my difficulties in Win2k.

Comment

sfn is only for xp

for w2k and and wins 2003 there is another tool

Win2k3NodeDisabler use that one

Comment

Originally Posted by stile
                Version 4 is exactly what I thought it would be and exactly what the dev team said it would be.
                All my StarForce protected clones work great with DT4 and SFNightmare. It is SO much better than using the unstable SFcure.
                SafeDisc4 and Securom 7 work also just fine but w/ SFNightmare instaed of SD4 Hide and SR7.Stop.

What more did anyone expect? It was said long ago that the IDE plugin would come after the release of Version 4.. It is common knowledge that StarForce, Safedisc, and Securom Blacklist ALL SCSI drives. So untill the release of the IDE plugin we will have to use SFNightmare, no surprises there.

As for not being able to use SD4 Hide and SR7.Stop, they were designed for Alcohol 120% Build 3105 and DT 3.47 and prior versions. It was never stated that SD4 Hide and SR7.Stop would work with DT4.

So I will happily use SFNightmare for a little while untill the IDE plugin is released.
                With DT 4 you dont need anymore SD4 Hide or SR7.stop, IDE Plugin will only be needed for StarForce. My SD4 and SR7 games work great with DT4 without those Applications.

@ -=Gryphon=-: Use DT4 its more stable and maybe your difficulties will fly away.

Correct me if im wrong
                You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
                sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

I just disabled my other rom drives in Device Manager and all my backups play without a hitch now.Thanks to all the dev's at Daemon Tools.V.4 is perfect for my needs.

P.S:toolbar installed

Comment

Originally Posted by stile

SFN won't work for current games (like UFO Aftershock). You'll still have to unplug all IDE drives. I wish there was something one could do against that.

Comment

Erm.. you could just unplug your drives...

Comment

StarForce not working !! i have test with 2 games and both not working.

Comment

Originally Posted by Scoty
                          StarForce not working !! i have test with 2 games and both not working.
                          Have you unpluged your IDE drives?
                          You also need properly made images.

Comment

Originally Posted by Methadon
                            Have you unpluged your IDE drives?
                            You also need properly made images.
                            no i have and will not unpluged my IDE drives.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mystique
                              With DT 4 you dont need anymore SD4 Hide or SR7.stop, IDE Plugin will only be needed for StarForce. My SD4 and SR7 games work great with DT4 without those Applications.

@ -=Gryphon=-: Use DT4 its more stable and maybe your difficulties will fly away.

Correct me if im wrong

True, you no longer need SD4Hide because of the blacklist, but as the protection seems to prefer IDE drives you still have to either still use SD4Hide (more comfortable) or alternatively disable the optical drives in the device manager. (many more clicks than SD4Hide)

Comment

Working...
                              X