Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does disabling IDE apply to SATA drives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does disabling IDE apply to SATA drives?

In my setup I have 5 SATA harddrives, 1 SATA optical DVD-/+RW and 1 IDE harddrive.
    So what I'm wondering is, do I need to disable anything in order to use these emulators?

Never the Hard drives, but both of the other ones will need to be unplugged.

Comment

I don't know the answer to this because I've never tried something so silly(or stupid) - Can clicking the wrong disable node or channel button in S F N turn off access to your IDE hard drive?
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Think so. I managed to lose one of my hard drives when I randomly clicked buttons in SFN. So be careful.
        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
          Think so. I managed to lose one of my hard drives when I randomly clicked buttons in SFN. So be careful.
          I don't even use SFN anymore, because I can't.
          I works fine to disable the cd drive, but I can't enable it. The system crashed every time I tried to enable it.

Comment

Originally Posted by NetSoerfer
            lol prolly Ch2 or something similar :P (IDE Channel 2)
            No, you cannot have my signature, unless you pay me. I am famous you know.

Comment

Originally Posted by stile
              Never the Hard drives, but both of the other ones will need to be unplugged.
              Alright, so, just to get it right, I need to disable the IDE and the Optical drive in order to use DT properly when emulation is needed, and DT4 will bypass SF etc for me alltogether?

Comment

[Update] - Alright as far as I've discovered, I only need to disable an optical drive if it is IDE, and that's where I'm unsure as to whether SATA counts as SCSI, IDE or neither..

Comment

SATA drive still count as IDE drives so you'll need to remove them too. But you're right, you'll only need to remove optical drives, no hard drives!
                  "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

does anyone know where to buy a ide cable with a switch on it please tell me

Comment

Don't SATA optical drives support Hot Plug? (don't have SATA CD/DVD so cannot test)
                      Carpe diem

Comment

Working...
                      X