Problem Uninstalling DT 3.46

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Uninstalling DT 3.46

Hello, I need some help with DT3.46... In order to install the new Daemon v4 I tried uninstalling the older version twice (reinstalled it after the first time, all problems mentioned below were gone), and failed (in part I guess). When I try to remove DT3.46 the PC hangs - in TaskManager I see that services.exe is loading the CPU at 100%, it lasts for minutes and I have no choice but to restart the PC with the reset button. After reboot the Daemon is gone (its installation folder missing), but in Device Manager under System devices the "PnP BIOS Extension" is problematic and says "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)"... Any advice what to do? Also right after removing the old DT, the first time I add or remove a program Windows Installer says that an "Installation of Daemon Tools is suspended" and when asked to restore changes to the computer (I choose Yes) it fails to do so. For now I see no other problems, but I'm afraid not to mess up my Registry. Any advice will be appreciated.

P.S. My OS is WinXP SP2
    There is no knowledge that is not power

@saibot
    - Make a backup of your registry
    - first try the steps described in this thread
    - if nothing helps try to delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\R oot\SYSTEM\000x in safe mode (BUT only the one which includes "DeviceDesc"="PnP BIOS Extension" and "Service"="dt346bus" (standard installation); you maybe have to grant full admin rights for that)

P.S.:
    Im not sure; maybe you also have to delete the corresponding DT keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\{...} and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\{...}
    Last edited by Terramex; 16.11.2005, 00:56.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
    X