Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to mount image. Device 0 has outstanding open handles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to mount image. Device 0 has outstanding open handles.

"Unable to mount image. Device 0 has outstanding open handles". And Abort Retry Ignore window appears.
    If I click Ignore it works ok, but I feel it's something fishy here.
    I get this error 90% of the times I try to mount cd images in DT4.
    So, mother goose has been messin' around in your egg salad, huh kid?

It's because some application still has open files on the image you're trying to unmount. The warning is for giving you the choice whether you want to exit that application gracefully before unmounting or just force the image to be unmounted.

If you don't care, just click Ignore.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Pressing Ignore instructs to unmount image unconditionally, same as it was in DT versions before V4.
      This choice was added on request of many users who wanted to be sure no application is disrupted by accident if it is still using virtual drive.

Comment

Is it possible to turn it off?
        or set a default setting or something?

Comment

Maybe we'll add option in future version.

Comment

I just came across that problem aswell.. please add an option to turn off that behaviour.. thx

Comment

This happens to me too! And I have to restart every time after this error/notice pops up and press "Ignore".

Comment

Any guess what could still access the virtual drive ?
                If you like, you can attach/upload a zipped Autoruns arn file (no installation required).

Or maybe you can find the culprit with Unlocker: Download Unlocker 1.9.2 - FileHippo.com
                Don't use Quick but Advanced installation and uncheck everything related to Delta toolbar or the like !
                When choosing the components install the Explorer extension.
                Next time you get the "open handles" message rightclick the virtual drive in Explorer -> Unlocker

Unlocker is a powerful tool. Don't kill (or even delete) anything if you're not sure what you're doing.
                Last edited by Terramex; 19.06.2013, 18:56.
                I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
                X