StarForce 3 probs so far:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarForce 3 probs so far:

Civilization 4 - SafeDisk 4.60 - works great (but had to reinstall the game first.

Moto GP 3 URT - SecuROM 7 - works great

F.E.A.R. - SecuROM 7 - works great

GT Legends - StarForce 3 - nogo
    Tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling using Daemon and image file with only RMPS enabled. Prompts for the CD Key. Enter it. Looks for disk and Errors out every time. I have no physical CD/DVD drives connected. Verified in Windows Device Manager that no drives are installed other than the HD. Alcohol and Antiblaxx were previously uninstalled. Has anyone had success with any StarForce 3 games yet?

Try
    1. Uninstalling Alcohol
    2. Poweroff/unplug your drives (+ disable node in sfn)
    3. Use DT 4 for mounting RMPS enabled(secure mode enabled) you need a good dpm
    4. Strat game
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

for me unplugging the ide-drives made it.

neither uninstalling of alcohol (i am not using the default driver names) nor using sfnightmare was necessary.

a good dpm is provided by www.copybase.ch

Comment

I dont even need to unplug IDE drive, I have a switch connected to the DVD drive power cable that I can flick to cut the power from the drive. The scan for hardware changes in the Device Manager and the drive vanishes.

Can then mount the images and run the game. When finished flick the switch back on, scan for hardware changes again and the drive reappears. No need to go into Bios or reboot machine

Comment

I have Starforce completly crashing when it refuses to verify. It doesn't even give me the disc error message. Fairly strange since it did this before. I can wait hours and it won't budge. Can't get King Kong to work either.

Comment

:-( switching power off and scanning for hardware changes craches my computer.

or should i wait several minutes? after clicking the scan for chnages the hour glass apears and nothing happens.

Comment

It's a good idea to turn your machine off before unplugging your IDE drives. You may or may not be able to get away without rebooting, but in general it's a better idea. IDE was not designed to be hot-swappable.

Arb

Comment

I hope dermoritz is joking :wink:
                the modern world:
                net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by clemento
                  I dont even need to unplug IDE drive, I have a switch connected to the DVD drive power cable that I can flick to cut the power from the drive. The scan for hardware changes in the Device Manager and the drive vanishes.

Can then mount the images and run the game. When finished flick the switch back on, scan for hardware changes again and the drive reappears. No need to go into Bios or reboot machine
                  Is there any chance you'll try us where to get such a switch, and a nice detailed guide on how?

Comment

Working...
                  X