Can't install new version, can't remove virtual drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't install new version, can't remove virtual drive

I've done everything and more over the past couple of days to fix this problem. I've read and re-read all potential solution in these forums and others, and then done them again. Apparently something happened when I tried to upgrade to V4 from 3.47. I rebooted after installing V4 and as soon as I logged on it gave me a message "Product Not Installed". Now, I can't re-install the program, and I can't uninstall the virtual drive of the old program. Kinda caught in limbo here.

Info:

My virtual drive is labelled RC5143V Nero696K SCSI CdRom Device (this is the one I can't remove)

There is no existing SCSI controllers other than the Host Controller

There is no PnP BIOS extension in the system devices folder

If I try to uninstall in the drive in device manager, it just re-installs after re-boot.

I get the error 25057 when attempting to install V3.47

I get the message "Failed Calling CreateFile; GetLastError = 32" when trying install V4

I've deleted all registry keys associated with D-Tools in HKLM and HKCU

I've tried to delete all drivers for the virtual drive but it has not helped

Any help would be appreciated, I'm not sure where to go from here. Like I said, I've scanned the web for a solution, but nothing has helped so far. Thanks in advance.

I was having a very similar problem

can't remove virtual drive

I uninstalled daemon 347, and my PC hung as it tried to uninstall PnP BIOS Im sure .... Services.exe was using 99% CPU .... and i gotta power off and on, cos i cant be bothered waitin 10 mins for it to shut down at that rate.

Tried removin it from device manager .. same result

Tried in safe mode ... same

This is how i fixed it

This should get rid of the PnP BIOS from Device Manager

Go to: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\SYSTEM\

Right click, and enable all permissions
    Check all subkeys under \system ( eg. \0000, \0001, etc ), and see which one(s) relate to PnP BIOS Extension or Daemon ... Make sure they also have all permissions

Also check same for HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\SYSTEM\
    and ControlSet002 etc

Now you can uninstall Daemon, or delete the PNP BIOS Extension keys if already uninstalled

Reboot, and PNP BIOS Ext shd be gone from device manager

Can't install new version

The problem i had after Installing V4, is a seperate problem. I was just unlucky to experience both.

After installing V4, it wouldnt show virtual drive in explorer .. and there was an unkown device in device manager.

I tried soo many different things for this .. and searched all my system folders for teh right driver ...

The Fix

Could almost have kicked myself, when i put the XP CD in the drive, pointed the unknown device to the XP CD, and it found the drivers there ....

Sorted !!!
    Last edited by brianboyle; 21.11.2005, 07:56.

Comment

My virtual drive is labelled RC5143V Nero696K SCSI CdRom Device (this is the one I can't remove)
      That is from Nero's Imagedrive. It's not related to DT.

Comment

I am not having this problem, thank god..., but I think there is a major issue with the uninstallation of 3.47 with the current installer.

I got the "Product Not installed" error and was forced to reinstall 3.47 and uninstall it, I just hope it works like I believe it will.

Whats interesting is I had 2 unknown/non-working PnP BIOS in my device manager. Which would be from I suspect at least, installing v4 twice overtop v3.47.

Comment

I had the same problem. 100% cpu usage after the uninstall.

Thing is, after i would right click the desktop, go 2 dirs deep in any directory and access the start menu my computer would be inoperable. So it took a good amount of force to get this shit off my computer.

Then I install V4 and find out that awxDTools is no longer compatible.

DT for the most part has been good to me. But this is a BIG problem that they need to address.

BTW... ccleaner is the app i eventually ran that got rid of all the old reg entries that the DT uninstaller never uninstalled.

Comment

yes, i had the exact same problem.
            was ez to fix though, i went into msconfig > startup unchecked the d-tools one that was installed in c:\program files\d-tools (which is 3.47) then restarted, didnt get product not installed no more, then went to install ver 4 again and it co-operated with me (before that it had a different wizard somewhat..) anyways the "product not installed" is set on 3.47 not 4 so just follow the steps i did and it should work for ya aswell. let me know how it went maybe i got somethin going here :-) after all, it did work for me heh

KoMoDo

Comment

Only has the new DAemon listed in there
              Prob cos i already removed everythin i cd think of from the registry before installin V4

Cheers tho

Comment

System file error

Hi there,

Previously I had same problem as the

"Failed Calling CreateFile; GetLastError = 32"

Now after trying all that was said above namely...
                1) Deletion of .sys files from system32\drivers
                2) Removal of the PnP Bios Extension

Now when I install...

This program will install the SPTD layer... OK/Cancel
                OK
                System File Error
                END

Comment

pointing to thread System File Error when installing 4

^CRiMSON^, please see this thread
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006