Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Code 25061 + 25005 - Different From Others

Hi,

I go to install either DT 3.47 after uninstalling 3.46 (Worked Perfectly) to update. But after I uninstalled properly (Control Pannel > Add/Remove > Restart - I Also Made Sure Everything Was Removed From My Sytem As Far As I Could Tell - Registry, etc.) and I went to install 3.47 I got the following messages near the end of the installation:

Device Setup Error: Code 25061 (0x61E5),2(0x2)
    Device Setup Error: Code 25005 (0x61AD),13(0xD)
    Then
    Again

So I tried installing 3.46 again, but exact same errors... why is this? I have seen other posts with similar problems but if your going to tell me :

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
    Seems your OS is corrupt (e.g. virus, memory) or you've some really strange problem with registry (corrupt or permissions).
    The errors mean SetupDiGetClassDevs API fails.
    I'v already seen this and if this is the case why would it have worked in first place from my current installation (Also, yes I have proper permissions), I know I didn't change anything. Also if this is the case, What do YOU suggest be done to FIX it?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and help me,

Koshy

You need to check the registry permissions, system needs full access. Seems you used some anti-blacklisting tool which screwed the permissions.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Thank you for the response, but I'm pretty sure I have permission to the registry... since I can go in there and delete registry files (If this is something else, please tell me how I go about changing registry permissions). I'm not exactly sure what is a "anti-blacklisting tool" if you could tell me the names of a few maybe it would ring a bell.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, hopefully you can help me here to,

Koshy

P.S. Sorry for posting in the wrong section, the name looked like it should be there :P

Comment

We're not talking about access to the whole registry, just particular parts of it, e.g. some keys in Enum hive (or maybe whole Enum hive), where some tool denied access.
        Tool examples are Anti-Blaxx, SR7stop etc.

Comment

Well I most definatly do not have any of those programs, how and what would I do to bring the proper permissions on to allow me to install Daemon Tools?

Thanks Again For All Your Help,

Koshy

Comment

Does anybody know how to have the proper permissions, whatever those may be to allow me to install Daemon Tools?

Comment

i have tried try install 3,47

Comment

i dodit

Comment

I have the same problem i can t install

About you copytrooper i don t you just don t understand you. You cooling the people give him soluttion
                  HELP him if you know!!

Changes

Last edited by certrix; 23.11.2005, 23:44.

Comment

Use regedit

Use regedit (if you have windows XP or 2003) or regedt32 (if you have windows 2000) to change the registry permissions back to normal.
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

can you be more specific !!!

The tips at the end of shoelaces are called \'aglets\'. Their true purpose is sinister

I don t understand this above What specific i must do :
                      i have xp profesional!!

Problem:

Device Setup Error: Code 25005 (0x61AD),13(0xD)
                      Then
                      Again

So I tried installing 3.46 again, but exact same errors... why is this? I have seen other posts with similar problems but if your going to tell me :

HELP!!

THANKS!!

Comment

Try to run regmon which keys are blocked/access denied by some program you used, and disable the denied access.

Comment

certix: people's signatures are not part of any advice. They can be ignored when you see them.

Comment

Originally Posted by certrix
                            The tips at the end of shoelaces are called \'aglets\'. Their true purpose is sinister

I don t understand this above What specific i must do :
                            i have xp profesional!!
                            That one's going to leave me chuckling for the rest of the night, ha ha.

Comment

Working...
                            X