SPTD problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPTD problem

Hi I was having the problem with starforce causing my pc to reboot when it checks my image. I came here and checked for help and found the post saying that I should delete of rename sptd.sys (decided to rename it sptd.sys.bk) and now when I try to load run demon tools or it trys to run at start up I get this error

I'm running windows XP with no service packs afaik
    (I want to upgrade but I don't have any way of getting the packs, 56k at home...I'm on a work pc which is the only broadband connection I have access to and its so cencered that there's no way for me to download them here)

if it is that I guess ill just have to wait till I can download them.

thanks in advance

Do you have any debugger installed? To prevent it from being analyzed and blacklisted, Daemon Tools v4 doesn't allow a debugger to be active on the system.

Apart from that, I strongly recommend you patch your Windows XP to the current level of Service Packs and security updates. They've been provided by Microsoft for a reason; every now and then, bugs and security vulnerabilities are found in every operating system (every software for that matter). SPs and security updates aim at fixing those, making your computer more secure against hacking attempts and other malicious activities.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Well, if you got rid of Starforce drivers, you've to rename sptd.sys back, so it works again.
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by TES2312
        (I want to upgrade but I don't have any way of getting the packs, 56k at home...I'm on a work pc which is the only broadband connection I have access to and its so cencered that there's no way for me to download them here)

if it is that I guess ill just have to wait till I can download them.

thanks in advance
        You can order SP2 on CD from Microsoft for free.

Comment

Working...
        X