v4 wont install on Windows 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v4 wont install on Windows 2003

I have been trying to install daemon tools v4 on Windows 2003 for the last half an hour, and I have been unable to make it past the required reboot. I have both selected CANCEL to reboot later, and have selected OK, and rebooted, and in both instances I loaded the installer to continue, and it asked to reboot once again, and of course I allowed it to do so, and have rebooted more times in the last half hour then I have in the last 3 months

Any ideas? I had a copy of D-Tools (latest before 4) and had the installer uninstall v3, could that play a factor?

Any help is appreciated guys.

This is what I would suggest. Of course I have not made sure this fixed my issues yet, but I suspect they will because of something I did by hand.

You need to uninstall v4 and reinstall v3.47 which might be a problem. If it is then try to find any documentation and remove any drivers 3.47 added and any registry modifications.

I suspect there is a problem with the method used to uninstall 3.47 with a different install other then the method you would otherwise. Lets just say I had the "Product not installed" error yet I didn't have any plugins installed. Unless of course you count the default plugins which I never checked if it was the cause.

Any event what I did was uninstall v4 which I had installed, installed it again, same error, so I uninstall it again. I installed 3.47 and installed that, did a reboot, worked fine. I then uninstalled that and made sure any devices were really removed. I then install v4 with basicly a deamon free system, I hope this gets rid of the error, otherwise I will just disable the "autostart" option which was the only real thing that bugs me.

There is several threads that tell you what registery and drivers to remove, I will leave it up to you to find them, if you need help finding them just ask in this thread.

I know how people can be, the thread that suggests a possible fix for the error, was not even helpful.

Comment

Is it possible that win2003 server is not supported by dt4 or that it does not support the instalation of dt4? if so try to use an application to unblock win2003's functions I belive it was called Win2003v144.exe.
      The last of the best, the death of the rest. Hitman Forever...

Comment

Windows 2003 / Windows XP 64 = The same thing....
        Earl Nightingale: "Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us"

Comment

Working...
        X