Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12.

Hi,

I have a huge problem with this new DT4. SPTD drivers installed correctly, but after the restart it asks me to install some scsi/raid controller. So I follow its lead and do what it asks me to do, but after this controller is installed I get an error saying "Unable to add adapter. Device problem 12." and other window which claims that it has some probs with ejecting this controller (?).

My sys is WXP with SP2.
    Can someone give me any advice what is wrong and what I need to do ? Thanks.

I'm stucked at the same problem

Comment

i've the same problem, it looks like dt4 scsi driver has conflict with "Standard PC" driver

Comment

could somebody complain that??? my computer is installed as "standart pc" too... coult that be the problem?

is a new nstallation of OS the only way to fix it??

thx

Comment

could somebody complain that??? my computer is installed as "standart pc" too... coult that be the problem?

is a new nstallation of OS the only way to fix it??

thx

Comment

Re: Unable to add adapter Device problem 12

Uninstall DAEMON Tools 4. Reboot. Then reinstall and before you reboot open the device manager and post what you see. Do you see any items with a yellow exclamation mark (check under DVD/CD-ROM drives and also under SCSI and RAID controllers)?

Once you're done checking the device manager, you'll of course reboot (as the installer prompted) and try to use DAEMON Tools 4 normally. Also, see if the entries in the device manager changed after rebooting.
            Last edited by Underheaven; 16.11.2005, 14:12.
            the modern world:
            net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
              Uninstall DAEMON Tools 4. Reboot. Then reinstall and before you reboot open the device manager and post what you see. Do you see any items with a yellow exclamation mark?
              Done that already. AFAIR this new SCSI/RAID Controller got the yellow exclamation mark. I'll check it once more when I return from work, but I'm pretty sure that this is the one.

Originally Posted by Underheaven
              Once you're done checking the device manager, you'll of course reboot and try to use DAEMON Tools 4 normally. Also, see if the entries in the device manager change after rebooting.
              This is impossible because just after the reboot the SCSI/Raid Controller drivers are not present in the system and DT4 starts asking me to instlla them again and the whole thing goes back right to the point where it started.

Comment

Comment

thats the problem the device manger says that the scsi driver has error code 12. Which means not enough ressources for this driver ( My guess on translation form german )
                  And as long the driver dosn't work dt4 will not work I guess

Comment

The issue is under investigation.
                    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Originally Posted by Copytrooper
                      The issue is under investigation.
                      Ok, so I'm waiting for the result of your ibvestigation.

Comment

i even got it with a fresh installed XP [only drivers installed], so maybe its a driver/chipset conflict

AMD athlon 64 3000+
                        Asus A8N-E [Nforce 4 Ultra]
                        Radeon x700pro
                        WinXP home sp2

installed drivers:

Radeon Omega 2675a
                        AMD CPU drivers 1.2.2.2
                        Nforce 4 AMD drivers 6.66

Comment

I have the same problem, every time I start D-Tools 4, i get The device problem 12 message.

Comment

yea.... please fix this. Its a problem for me as well although i may be more guilty than other. Im running a raid array on two sata drives and another seperate raid array on two ide drives. Was a huge headache trying to get d-tools to install and i never did suceed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Smoker1982
                              i even got it with a fresh installed XP [only drivers installed], so maybe its a driver/chipset conflict
                              I also tested it yesterday on a freshly installed XP and got the same problem.

My specs.:

AMD XP Barton 3000+
                              MSI K7N2 Delta-L [Nforce 2 400]
                              Radeon 9500
                              WinXP prof sp2

Installed drivers:

XG WarCats 5.10 XT
                              Nforce 2 AMD drivers Remix 2.5.1

So, uhm, not very similar configs ;]

Comment

Working...
                              X